Our Meeting this week, is tomorrow, Tuesday, October 15, 2013, at the Wild River Brew Pub located at 533 NE F Street, in Grants Pass from 5:15 PM-6:15 PM.
· Lottery Committee Update Cliff Thomason
· Walk With Us! (Flyers) Please join us on a walk through the heart of Grants Pass on Tuesday, October 22, 2013 and show your support for our Grants Pass Department of Public Safety members, a vital component of our community’s Criminal Justice System!
WHEN: Tuesday, October 22, 2013
Meet @ 5:15 PM in front of the Newman United Methodist Church (across from the Court House)
ROUTE: South on 7TH Street across the bridge, west on Park Street and North on 6TH Street, arriving at Henderson’s Chevron Gas Station on A Street at 6:00 PM for a few, brief, motivating words by our Leaders!
Just how critical is this Levy?
“If the city levy fails, we’re outta’ here!” Anonymous
WHAT SAY YOU?
· The Immediate Change Committee’s First Project Jubilee Park, Cave Junction Shane Simon and Lottery Tickets $1,000 Goal; Cheri Adkins advised us that the Skateboard, tickets and SIGN are on their way and should be ready for this Tuesday’s meeting! Saturday Market this Saturday!
· Jail/Juvenile Justice Levy Committee Update
· Justice of Peace Committee Update Dave Corsi Webpage Website and the first meeting are forthcoming!
· Community Networking
Today is last day to register!!!
When: Monday, October 21, 2013. 3:00 – 8:00 pm (dinner provided)
Where: Illinois Valley Senior Center (250 East River Street, Cave Junction, OR)
What: This is a dynamic and interactive opportunity for nonprofits, community-based organizations, volunteers, and business owners interested in
community improvements to increase their connection with others who have similar goals and objectives and want to build capacity to work together.
Registration: No charge to attend, but registration is required by October 14th. Use this link to register: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/IllinoisValleyNetwork
Purpose: The purpose of the Community Collaborations program is to enhance the capacity of rural leaders and organizations to leverage the power of working together to ‘get things done.’
NOTE: This is the fourth of five community building sessions offered by The Ford Family Foundation in Illinois Valley. The fifth session will be the Ford Institute Leadership Program next year.
This is a very important meeting and thus far: Cheri Adkins, and Mark Gatlin have agreed to attend on behalf of SOS; please make sure to register!
· The Hardrock Mining Committee—What’s the Next Step? Michael Cope/Jay Meredith will discuss current mining efforts
· Opioid Clinic Update Medically-Assisted-Treatment (MAT); the Awareness campaign and the Brochure
· Timber Committee Jim Frick “What happened on October 11TH?”
· Run/Walk UPDATE Bill West
· POKER NIGHT Fund Raiser at the Pub Jay Meredith November date will be decided upon tomorrow!
· Fund-Raising Art Show February 7, 2014 this date is set; whoever would like to join this committee, please e-mail me back ASAP!
· Holly Lidey and Cheri Adkins passed out the last of the SOS sweatshirts. If you ordered one, please pay. It’s still not too late to ask for one for the next order; they are $21 each (Size Small-XL) and $25 each (Size 2XL-3XL); please e-mail Holly at email@example.com to get in on the next order!
· WEBSITE Gordon Edstrom
· Ken Smith and the Poll! What was suggested…waiting, etc.
MISSION: “A citizen-voiced plan to provide for a secure, stable and sustainable Josephine County.”