Good Evening SOS!
Our meeting tomorrow, Tuesday, November 26, 2013, is at the Newman United Methodist Church, located at 132 NE “B” Street in Grants Pass.
- · T-Shirts at the Book Lore Gordon Edstrom
- · SOS Strategic Plan Penny Mueller
SOS Wheel of Fortune
Meeting Outside Main Meeting
- · Justice of Peace Committee Dave Corsi; Dave updated us on hurdles we are overcoming, the first being a change in language to allow the Justice of the Peace Court to include the County Seat, which would be Grants Pass, like 8 other rural counties in Oregon are permitted to do; Dave’s Committee met this evening and the final draft of that change proposal was approved; it will be presented to the group for approval at next week’s meeting, as well as the language for this Committee’s website page; if you would like to join this committee, please e-mail Dave at email@example.com
- · Medically-Assisted-Treatment (MAT) Committee – Toni Webb Awareness Campaign Brochure; planning of the MAT Center—“If we build it, they will come”; next meeting is at 5:30 PM at the Women’s Health Center on December 4, 2013; e-mail Toni if you would like to join this committee: firstname.lastname@example.org; Toni will update the progress of this Committee next week
- · POKER NIGHT Fund Raiser at the Wild River Brew Pub Jay Meredith
ALL IN FOR SAFETY!
SOS Texas Hold’em Fundraiser
Help Us Achieve, “A Citizen-Voiced Plan to provide for a secure, stable and sustainable Josephine County.”
WHEN: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM
WHERE: Wild River Brew Pub, 533 NE F Street, Grants Pass
COST: $50 includes stone–oven baked Pizza, salad, and dessert along with your buy-in to the tournament!
ONLY 100 Tickets will be sold!
Here is the online announcement: http://wp.me/p3hQZg-FI
Anyone interested in a ticket should contact Jay at SecuringOurSafety@gmail.com or by calling Jay at 541-218-1227.
You can also RSVP for a ticket on our Facebook event page: www.facebook.com/events/1417118441853188/
- · The Hardrock Mining Committee—What’s the Next Step? Michael Cope/Jay Meredith “Rock N’ Earth Research Lab LLC Exec Summary”
- · The Immediate Change Committee Jody Nigh
1. Skateboard Raffle: Cheri Adkins
2. Jubilee Park Vigil : Shane Simon
Dec 8th @ 4 p.m.
Shane @ 541-218-8278.
“An opportunity is upon us to effect change for the betterment of our community and you are invited to be a part of it.”
3. Christmas Parade Grants Pass Jody Nighe (WE have a 1957 SOS Garbage Truck Compliments of Pat Fahey that needs to be filled! More to follow when I receive Jody’s e-mail!!!)
- Fund-Raising Art Show February 6, 2014 Joanne Alvarez, Cheri Adkins and Kay Smith
- Jail/Juvenile Justice Levy Committee
Pat Fahey will update us next week!
1) Again, Citizens for Securing Our Safety (CSOS) has been formed as the heart and soul of this petition/levy
2) Sign-up sheets will be at the final week of the Saturday Market this week again—Erin Smith-Mateja, Cheri Adkins Holly Lidey will be manning the table this Saturday!
3) The focus point of this movement to be the emphasis that the jail and juvenile justice center is the core of our criminal justice system—The Keystone!
4) Please e-mail your detailed questions email@example.com regarding the levy; The above questions shall be posted on a FAQ site on this committee’s website webpage www.securingoursafety.org and then go to this committee’s webpage
5) 4 Signs, something to the effect: “Sign-Up Here for the Jail/JJC Petition” It will sell itself!
6) Manned Stations
7) Radio Spots/Press
8) The language for the Levy Petition has been completed and passed about the group; this will be posted on the website
9) Signature gathering campaign for this
Signature GOAL: 2,300 has begun. Please follow the instructions on the Measure Signature Sheet to a T! Otherwise it won’t count.
“You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” Unknown
You really ARE making a difference!
WHAT SAY YOU?
MISSION: “A citizen-voiced plan to provide for a secure, stable and sustainable Josephine County.”