Our Meeting this week, is today, Tuesday, June 18, 2013, at the Wild River Brew Pub located at 533 NE F Street, in Grants Pass, from 5:15 PM-6:15 PM.
As discussed last week, we will work really hard to stay within the parameters of a 1-hour meeting. As such, our topics will be limited. I ask that the Team Captains work hard outside the main SOS Meeting, so that the presentations are summaries of our works in progress!
THANK YOU for all of your sacrifice!
Agenda Thus Far:
1) John McCafferty will give another presentation on the levy results by precincts; briefly, he will discuss how things changed compared to the last levy; how 54% of the County turned out to vote while only 47% of the City of Grants Pass voted.
2) Saturday Market/Sign-Up Sheet Cheri Adkins/Update on Cheri’s condition; 44 signatures collected for Opioid Clinic; 48 signatures collected for the redirection of some Lottery Funds to the Criminal Justice System; 12 new e-mail sign-ups; $77 collected for the Guardian Dinner; will coordinate the SOS Booth at the Saturday Market to have the Canopy, chairs and a table (SOS purchase?); we need people to donate a Saturday morning to work the booth—“It’s a lot of fun!”; PLEASE SIGN UP BY E-MAILING ME!!!!
3) Pat Fahey presented a “first taste” of what a Multi-Tier Taxing District (Kris Woodburn, Chris Mecca and Jay Meredith) might look like with 6 or 7 Districts: WHAT SAY YOU?
4) Should SOS consider a referendum about a pitch for a partial Taxing District just for the Jail, DA’s Office and the Juvenile Justice Center? (Post this question to the website?)
5) Roy Lindsay Community Ecumenical Prayer Meeting How did it go?
6) Mayor Darin Fowler will give a quick presentation on the possibility of the City of Grants Pass renting beds from the jail like the Federal Government does/discuss the public City Workshop (June 17, 2013) and impact of SOS Letter.
7) Shane Simon Guardian Dinner: Saturday, June 29, 2013; Donation Update (Website Thermometer for this event).
8) Business Sponsors
9) Cliff Thomason Lottery Committee UPDATE; Event Discussion; Grant Discussion-Chase Bank; Gordon Edstrom will be posting a Fundraising Goal Chart on our website so people can see where we are at with respect to raising the funds for this much anticipated referendum!
10) Jim Frick, the SOS Timber Committee and our current County Timber Advisory Committee; WHAT SAY YOU?
Lastly, we will discuss the website (Gordon Edstrom) and David Smith’s second installment of Victim’s Voices!!!
WHAT SAY YOU?
MISSION STATEMENT: “A citizen-voiced plan to provide for a secure, stable and sustainable Josephine County.”