Our meeting is today, July 30, 2013 at the Newman United Methodist Church located at 132 NE B Street in Grants Pass from 5:15 PM- 6:15 PM.
· The Lottery Committee Refund Research Project
(Jay Meredith and Cliff Thomason):
1) Poker Tournament $3,245.00
2) Where we are at right now (total fundraising effort)
3) Flocking Report (Bill West)
Pink Kamikazes Shane Simon
Fierce Flockers Amber Garza
Fowl Flockers Mary Bowers
4) What we still need:
5) This Group is not always about FUNDRAISING!
· Multi-Tier Taxing District-(Kris Woodburn, Chris Mecca, Pat Fahey, Connie Roach and Jay Meredith) UPDATE
Question Bank Thus Far:
When will this Levy go on the ballot?
What will dollar amount be?
What will this Levy provide for?
What is the life of this levy?
Why is it called a “building block”?
Why is the funding-stream for the Criminal Justice System being referred to as a multi-prong approach?
How do we address those who live in rural county areas when they complain the levy doesn’t do anything for them?
How does this Levy have the potential to free up other monies for rural Sheriff Patrols and the DA’s Office?
When is this Committee’s next meeting?
Where do people in the rural county areas shop? Work?
· The Josh Ballock Meeting Report (Friday, July 26, 2013) Pat Fahey and Jay Meredith
· Mining in Josephine County
Michael Cope What is our next step with respect to researching the potential of Mining in Josephine County?
· Fires in Josephine County—What can/should SOS do?
· Why is the Grants Pass Public Safety Levy so IMPORTANT to Josephine County?
· Why our Sponsors are so important to the weave of our quilt…
MISSION: “A citizen-voiced plan to provide for a secure, stable and sustainable Josephine County.”