Good Evening SOS!
Our Meeting this week, tomorrow, Tuesday, August 6, 2013, will be at the Wild River Brew Pub located at 533 NE F Street, in Grants Pass from 5:15 PM-6:15 PM.
· The Lottery Committee Refund Research Project
(Jay Meredith and Cliff Thomason):
“Did we raise $30,000 for our Lottery Research Project?”
· Multi-Tier Taxing District–Kris Woodburn, Chris Mecca, Pat Fahey, and Connie Roach UPDATE:
Question Bank Thus Far:
When will this Levy go on the ballot?
What will dollar amount be?
What will this Levy provide for?
What is the life of this levy?
Why is it called a “building block”?
Why is the funding-stream for the Criminal Justice System being referred to as a multi-prong approach?
How do we address those who live in rural county areas when they complain the levy doesn’t do anything for them?
How does this Levy have the potential to free up other monies for rural Sheriff Patrols and the DA’s Office?
When is this Committee’s next meeting?
Where do people in the rural county areas shop? Work?
· Josephine County Fair Tom Dorman (Dates August 14-17 Sign-Ups)
· Debate Committee Update Matthew Eldridge email@example.com
The Debate will be on September 17, 2013 at the North Valley High School; Topics: 1) Suing the Federal Government 2) National Guard 3) Logging 4) Multi-Tiered District; FYI, we plan to have the Governor of Oregon at this event… So wear your SOS T-Shirts!
· Mining in Josephine County
Michael Cope firstname.lastname@example.org
AMR’s Documentary Video on the Benton Mine along with American Mining Research’s (AMR) Bios:
· Why is the Grants Pass Public Safety Levy so IMPORTANT to Josephine County? (Liaison Named)
· SOS Strategic Plan Jay Meredith email@example.com CONNECTING our dots via our committees, why it’s so important for SOS to get rid of the tax support group stigma!!!/Committee Inventory Updates: Mission Statements/Goals
1. Timber Committee-Jim Frick
2. Opioid Committee-Toni Webb
3. Sobering Center Committee-Bill Landis
4. Trust/Transparency and Education Committee-Bill Ertel/Holly Lidey
5. Efficiencies/Public and Private Partnerships-Laurie Norman/Toni Webb
6. Mining Committee-Michael Cope
7. BioMass Committee-Cheri Adkins
8. Refundable Committee-Carl Raskins
9. Multi-Tier Tasking Committee-Kris Woodburn, Chris Mecca, Pat Fahey and Jay Meredith
10. Sales Tax & Other Revenues Committee-Jay Meredith
11. County Property Resource Committee-David Corsi
12. Property Tax Variations-Jeff Wolf
13. Lottery Fund Committee-Cliff Thomason
14. Justice of the Peace Court- David Corsi
15. Debate Committee-Matthew Eldridge
· Public Forum on Criminal Justice Pat Fahey firstname.lastname@example.org
MISSION: “A citizen-voiced plan to provide for a secure, stable and sustainable Josephine County.”