Our Meeting tomorrow, August 27, 2013, will be at the Newman United Methodist Church, located at 132 NE “B” Street, Grants Pass, Oregon, from 5:15-6:15 PM.
· SOS Strategic PLAN
· Website Pages that are DONE:
Hard Rock Mining Committee–Michael Cope http://securingoursafety.org/hard-rock-mining-committee/
State Lottery Committee–Cliff Thomason http://securingoursafety.org/state-lottery/
Debate Committee–Matthew Eldridge http://securingoursafety.org/debate-committee/
Opioid Clinic Committee–Toni Webb http://securingoursafety.org/opioid-clinic/
Sales Tax Committee–Jay Meredith http://securingoursafety.org/sales-tax/
· The Great DEBATE
The Great DEBATE
High School Students & their Coaches from around SW Oregon are coming together to debate
Funding Solutions to our current
· WHERE: North Valley High School
· WHEN: September 14, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Honor our students with your presence and LISTEN to what our students have to say about solving our County’s Fiscal Crisis. There is no charge for this event, graciously hosted by North Valley High School and sponsored by SOS. A lunch time BBQ will be available.Contact Matthew A. Eldridge (email@example.com ) to register and to ask any questions.
· Opioid Clinic shall resume our bi-weekly meetings on Thursday, August 29TH, 5:30pm at the Women’s Center.
1. We’re going to make a concerted push to get a methadone/suboxone treatment program opened in Josephine County very soon, end of year or first of next year
2. Dr. Shawn Sills (Medford), is interested in possibly expanding his pain management practice here, but not a medically-assisted program.
CRC’s plans are on hold, so we need to explore all options in getting local treatment.
3. Why is this clinic so important to the Criminal Justice System?
· Lottery Committee Refund Research Project
Cliff Thomason is the Captain of this Committee
Number of Signatures collected
· Jail/Juvenile Justice Levy Committee
Kris Woodburn, Chris Mecca, and Pat Fahey
· SOS Awareness Fall 5K Walk/Run
Board of County Commissioner Cherryl Walker has already proposed “Run for the Law!” versus “Run from the Law!” Next Meeting:
Monday, September 9, 2013 @ 5:15 PM
· Hard Rock Mining in Josephine County
Committee Captain Michael Cope update
· Grants Pass Department of Public Safety Levy
· Sponsor Leader Amber Garza firstname.lastname@example.org has agreed to lead the initiative and stitch up all of our sponsors and have them placed onto our SPONSOR page on our website. If you are a sponsor or know someone who is, please contact them and forward their logo to Amber to be posted. It does not cost the sponsor anything to be posted. We are a non-profit organization and it just helps with “knitting together” our community. Amber will be working with Gordon Edstrom email@example.com , Frank Morinfrank.firstname.lastname@example.org and Jay Meredith email@example.com
· Website www.securingoursafety.org UPDATE
MISSION: “A citizen-voiced plan to provide for a secure, stable and sustainable Josephine County.”