March 24, 2015 NOTES:
- We are going to hire a reporter-we have placed ADs this week in the Daily Courier, Craig’s List and on Facebook
Please encourage anyone you know with this ability to apply!
- We shall be interviewing the week after next
- This will be a contractual paid position
- The interview will be conducted by the SOS Board and chosen by them as well (If you would like to be a part of that process and are not a Board member, contact us ASAP!)
- We will be hiring someone to create 10 Videos lasting 1-3 minutes, which reports factually on effects of the diminished Criminal Justice System
- Suggested Subject Matter: OSP Report of Highest Use of Force in State in Southern Oregon, Sheriff Challenges with current Budget, Increase in Insurance Costs, Increased number of Fatal Crashes, and others. Please contact us with any VIDEO topic ideas you may have ASAP!!!
WHAT SAY YOU?
- Lower Crime Rate as what has recently been reported?
- Decrease in number of DUII arrests by GPDPS
- Taylor’s Sausage victimization
- Has Crime in Josephine County decreased or is there a communication problem?
- Difficulty of Doctor Recruiting
- Walmart Theft Loss of between 1.4-1.6 Million dollars
- We want to not only focus on the deficit but what actions are being taken to improve our community—What is SOS doing? MAT-C; Sobering Center; Lottery effort; Business Unification; etc.
- The video formula is a work-in-progress and shall be as follows:2) Articulation of Just the Facts: Situation—is it a result from a diminished Criminal Justice System? Task—what needs to be done to make the situation better? What is being done?
- 1) 1-3 minutes long
WHAT SAY YOU?
SOS Sponsor Report
- SPONSORS=50 (3/09/15)
- Sponsors as of March 24, 2015: 104
- Great Job Jacki and Mark Gatlin!!!
- SOS shall be sponsoring a Business “Thank YOU!” Dinner at the Grants Pass Golf Course on May 2, 2015
- Many remarked how pleasant and secure it is to see the SOS placard being displayed in many a business in Grants Pass and now in Cave Junction—Please take a moment when supporting these businesses to also thank them for their support of SOS and our efforts to make Josephine County Safer!
- If you have any questions or if you would like to get involved in being a part of this committee, please feel free to call or email Jacki at email@example.com or 541-218-1427
Nancy Yonally/Marilane Jorgenson/Dr. Felica Cohen
- Dr. Steven Rotter Medical Director
“Pathways to Wellness”
How did the Video Premiere go???
In short, under the leadership of Nancy Yonally, Fantastic!
- We had 156 RSVPs
- We had approximately 185 in attendance!!!
- One gentleman approached me after the video and said, “If your program was up and running right now, I would enter my son, who is combatting heroin, in it tonight…”
- Our FIVE Pillars of counseling, Options, Adapt, Choices, On-Track, and Josephine County Community Corrections, united and both physically and financially supported the video effort—what an achievement!
- Maria Simon Photography took photos which will be posted soon on the MAT-C webpage of www.securingoursafety.org
- We are continuing on with our Next STEPS! This center is going to be a REALITY!
- SO FAR, MAT-C has a Medical Director and a phone…
- We shall be having another viewing and an interactive PANEL scheduled for May 19, 2015
- Video Circuit—Do you know of an organization who would like us to share the video with at one of their meetings? If so, please call the MAT-C (541) 218-2059
- Join this committee, contact Nancy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is the SOS Treasurer? Jay Meredith is doing banking transactions while Bela Toledo is doing the accounting and tax work.
- Grant Medley will be assuming the official treasurer responsibility. Thank YOU Grant!
SOS Storage Jody Nigh
We are still in need of a small room, preferably in Grants Pass, where we can secure SOS equipment (under lock and key); if not donated, we would be willing to pay a small monthly stipend. Anyone with any ideas? Please contact Jody @ email@example.com
SOS Website Gordon Edstrom
- Committee Inventory
- Website Evaluation
- SOS NOTES
SOS MEDIA Public Information Officer
SOS would like to welcome David Albright as the new SOS Media Public Information Officer! Thank YOU David! Please contact David at firstname.lastname@example.org with any and all suggestions.
David will be working alongside Cheri Adkins. Their first role of business shall be to establish a list of Media personnel with their phone numbers and e-mail addresses. For example: #1) Melissa McRobbie Daily Courier email@example.com (541) 474-3806
Please help David and Cheri by sending any and all current Media contacts to David at firstname.lastname@example.org. We simply must do better with our Press Releases and Media alerts!