Our next meeting shall be Tuesday, June 23, 2015, at the Wild River Brew Pub in Grants Pass located at 533 NE F Street in Grants Pass from 5:15 PM to 6:15 PM.
June 9, 2015 MEETING NOTES:
The meeting opened with some thoughts about some of the derogatory things that have been said and written about people and groups such as SOS and Community United for Safety, who are trying to restore funding to our Criminal Justice System and sincerely trying to make Josephine County a safer place. We agreed that our Mission has not changed: “A citizen-voiced plan to provide for a secure, stable and sustainable Josephine County.” This effort has never been about anything other than making our home safer and shining the light on our Josephine County children and elders, whose victimization is going unnoticed—whose voice is being ignored.
As long as Josephine County is our home, we must take action to address our current failings as a community.
Cliff Thomason spoke (representing the Lottery Local Control Committee – separate political committee)
Lottery Local Control Act will be on the ballot in November of 2016—We need your help!
- We need 117,000 signatures by July 2016 to get the measure on the state-wide ballot
- We intend to send people to at least 9 County Fairs to achieve this tremendous goal
- We understand how valuable your time is and appreciate your efforts
- We are going to have a fundraiser to pay for transportation, lodging, and meals for those who go and solicit signatures
- Want to help? Go to www.lotterylocalcontrol.com for more info!
- We need YOU to forward any and all ideas for this upcoming FUNDRAISER—some ideas thus far: #1 Country Western Superstar Collin Raye is a friend of one of our members and might be willing to do a fundraising concert? #2 Have a Chocolate Chip Cookie Contest at the Fairgrounds? #3 Have a County Wide BBQ cook-off?
WHAT SAY YOU?
- For even more info contact Cliff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Justice of the Peace Court – Dave Corsi
In a nutshell, it is difficult for us to promote this concept without local county deputies to participate. As it stands, when a traffic citation is written, a certain percentage immediately gets taken from every cite to pay for Oregon State Police and for the Oregon State Police Crime Lab. The remainder is split up between the issuing agency and the hearing court. We want to try to keep some of that money local. Stay tuned for a formal presentation by Dave at an upcoming meeting!
- For more info contact Dave at email@example.com
Reporter David Smith and Kerin Sharma
- The videos have been a smash hit and the reviews have been overwhelming positive
- In an upcoming meeting, David will be reviewing our options with respect to how we continue our video productions—ideas include—taking what we have and making a full length documentary; beginning production on the next series, “The Solutions?”, where we spotlight ideas, some of which have already been vetted; a series of videos that explain how the Criminal Justice System works…WHAT SAY YOU?
- For more info contact David at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nancy Yonally/Marilane Jorgenson/Dr. Felica Cohen
- This committee continues to increase in definition and independence
- This very needed center is going to become a reality!
- If your organization would like to schedule a private showing of our Awareness Video, don’t hesitate to call:
- MAT-C (541) 218-2059
- Next Meeting: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at ADAPT
- Join this committee, contact Nancy at email@example.com
Hard Rock Mining – Michael Cope/Jay Meredith
July 9, 2015: Southwestern Oregon Mining Jobs Development Summit 2015
SOS is among 9 sponsors for an upcoming Southwestern Oregon Mining Jobs Development Summit on July 9th at the Josephine County fairgrounds. A member of the SOS Hard Rock Mining Committee will be among the many speakers and see below for a brochure for further info. Register for this free event at www.SWORminingjobs.com before we’re fully booked!
1pm to 6pm, Josephine County Fairgrounds, Floral Building
For more info, contact Jay at firstname.lastname@example.org
MISSION: “A citizen-voiced plan to provide for a secure, stable and sustainable Josephine County.”