January 6, 2015 NOTES:
Art Auction Committee JoAnne Alvarez
- Art Auction: FEBRUARY 5, 2014
- We have 30 ARTISTS committed!!!
- We still have tickets! $25 each and includes hors d’oeuvres; wine sampling from Troon, Schmidt, and Bridgeview Wineries; beer sampling from Frank N’ Stene; music by Antonio Melendez www.antoniomelendez.org; and a chance to support your community through some really awesome ART!
- View the Art: www.securingoursafety.org under the Art Committee tab
- We still need several volunteers!
- Join this committee, e-mail JoAnne at email@example.com for further details!
SOS Sponsor Report Jacki Halcomb
- The purpose of the SOS business committee is simply to ask our local businesses to unite with us to show our community that they support the efforts of SOS to have a safe and secure community. We are asking the business owners to sign a sponsorship form and to post an SOS sign in their business window. When they sign up we will highlight their business on our website. We will also have a section on our website that promotes shopping local and their business will be selected as business of the week to help promote their business. Business of the week will rotate so that business should have many opportunities to be selected.
- We are restructuring our sponsorship and basically starting over with all of our sponsors, which currently include: Club Northwest, Wild River Brew Pub, Roux 26, Newman United Methodist Church, Martin’s Printing, Frank N’ Stene’s Monster Growlers, A Show of Hands, Portola Super Mini-Mart and Deli, Anytime Fitness, and The Tan Factor
- Next meeting is on January 14, 2014, @ 12:30 at the Black Bear Diner
- On January 16, 2014, we shall be asking committee members to knock on doors to get the SOS signs in the windows
- If you have any questions please feel free to call or email me. firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-218-1427.
Nancy Yonally/Marilane Jorgenson/Dr. Felica Cohen
- Dr. Steven Rotter MAT-C Medical Director
- The final stages of editing for the video production are underway; we are expecting to have the premier in early March
- The cost of the video was approximately $14,000 and shared by our local counseling centers
- The whole purpose of this center shall be to help people gain control of their lives and become positive and contributing members of our community
- The Non-Profit Status for this committee is underway under the direct supervision of Rick Jones; Officers have been selected:President: Nancy Yonally, Vice President: Dr. Felcia Cohen; Treasurer/Secretary: Marilane Jorgenson; Medical Director: Dr. Steven Rotter CONGRATULATIONS!
- Next Meeting is Wednesday, January 21, 2015 @ the Women’s Health Center from 5:30-6:30 PM
- Join this committee, contact Nancy at email@example.com
SOS GRANTS Kristine Crewse
- Thus far, we have applied for two grants, one of which we received for the MAT-C video production from the LAPCD
- The second was also a request for the MAT-C video from the Collins Foundation for $8,500
- SOS is going to continue to seek out organizations which are willing to help us in our public safety funding crisis
- Please forward any and all Grant recommendations to Kristine @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Research – Pat Fahey/Ken Smith/Linda Scott
- The ballot language has been certified by the County Clerk and is ready for collection of signatures on the petition
- Now the campaign (handled by the separate organization Community United for Safety) shifts into high gear!
- SIGNATURE GATHERING has begun to qualify the Public Safety Measure for the May 2015 ballot. Because we only have one month to collect 2,800 signatures, we need the help of everyone working together to reach this goal. Please pick up signature sheets and be part of the solution to make Josephine County a safer community! Thank You!
- Citizen’s Oversight Committee: The details are being
worked out for how the Committee mentioned in the ballot
measure will be structured and selected. Helping with that task is a broadly-representative group of community leaders convened by Community United for that purpose. A summary of the status of that effort will be posted on the Community United website
- For the specific language in the Public Safety Ballot
Measure, and for updated details of how the petition
campaign is going, please check out the Community United
website at www.communityunitedforsafety.com
- To get petitions to circulate in your neighborhood or
among your friends, call Becky or Mahlon Best at (541)
- “If you would like to help with the Public Safety Measure campaign and haven’t yet signed up, please visit www.communityunitedforsafety.com, and click on the “Get Involved” tab. There, you will find a variety of ways that you can volunteer to help pass the measure. Just fill out the form, click “submit”, and a Community United member will be in touch with you shortly. Thanks!”
- Join the Community Research Committee by e-mailing Ken: email@example.com
Josephine County Criminal Justice System Status Report Keith Heck
- There’s no money coming from the FEDS
- The Budget for FY2015 includes $1.6M for Sheriff, a General Fund where $2.7M shall be divided among sheriff, JJC, DA and Jail
- QUESTION: Do you have a plan? Keith: We can’t spend money we
Run for the Law: A County United – Holly Lidey
- Logo Winner! LOGO #6
- Run for the Law: A County United
- Shirts have been selected and are of better quality and less expensive than they were for last year’s run—Thank You Dr. Felicia Cohen! Adult shirts are $12 each;
Child shirts are $8 each
- Club NW has donated $1,000 for the first place male 10K Finisher (Thank you Scott Draper) and Dr. Steven Marshak has donated $1,000 for the first place female 10K Finisher!
- This awareness event is so important for our community
- A Facebook Event has been created (please go there and “like-it!”):
- Our hopes are that this event becomes an Annual Event to “show-off” Josephine County!!!
- You can go on-line to register at www.securingoursafety.org or see the attached flyer!
- Next Meeting? Will be at Tap Rock on January 22, 2015 at 5:30 PM!
If you would like to help in ANY way please contact Holly Lidey at 541-660-8186 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lottery Committee Cliff Thomason
- Join this committee @ email@example.com