January 27, 2015 NOTES:
SOS Sponsor Report – Jacki Halcomb
- We are actually at 41 sponsors but until their emblem is up on our sponsor site, they will not be officially counted; we have 36 up on our website
- We need YOUR help! If you are a business and would like to join us and our unification, please e-mail Jacki @ email@example.com
- Jacki shall be harnessing all business e-mail addresses to form a business network to promote our unity and our drive to “shopping locally”
- Daily Courier Reporter Melissa McRobbie interviewed Jacki regarding SOS’ business unification efforts
- Next Meeting will be at the Fort Vannoy Store on Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 1:00 pm
- If you have any questions please feel free to call or email Jacki @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-218-1427.Sponsor Count: 37 (01/31/15)
Art Auction Committee JoAnne Alvarez
- Art Auction: FEBRUARY 5, 2015
- We are fast approaching SELL-OUT!
- There will be some tickets at the door
- Tickets are $25 each and include hors d’oeuvres; wine sampling from Troon, Schmidt, and Bridgeview Wineries; beer sampling from Wild River Brewery; music by Antonio Melendez www.antoniomelendez.org; and a chance to support your community through some really awesome ART!
- We have 43 pieces of ART!!! Which includes a 2-Hour Gift Certificate appointment with World Renown Off the Map Tattoo
- View the Art: www.securingoursafety.org under the SOS Art Committee tab
- There shall be two Excellent Door Prizes: #1-a quilted Wall Hanging by Cave Junction’s own Carol Dickson and a dozen of custom made (your choice of character/theme and flavor) of “Whimsy Cake-pops” by JoAnne Alvarez
- Kristine Crewse produced a FANTASTIC brochure which, quite frankly, is itself a piece of ART! Thanks for all your hard work on the brochure Kristine
- Join this committee, e-mail JoAnne at email@example.com for further details!
Pat Fahey/Ken Smith/Linda Scott
- Monday, February 2, 2015, Community United For Safety (CUFS) and SOS shall be teaming up to present a Public Safety Forum at Wild River Brewery located at 294 Redwood Highway, Cave Junction from 6PM-8PM (refreshments provided/for further details, see our calendar page)
- Mahlon Best from CUFS reported the current count to get the Levy Proposal on the Levy for May 2015 is: 1872 signatures!!! (2200 is needed)
- While I am uncertain how long we have been attempting signatures for this ballot measure, they need to be done by next Tuesday
- Join the Community Research Committee by e-mailing Ken: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nancy Yonally/Marilane Jorgenson/Dr. Felica Cohen
- Dr. Steven Rotter is our Medical Director
- This center is going to be a reality!
- Tentative date for the Awareness Video: Pathways to Wellness PREMIERE will be on March 20, 2015 @ 6:00 PM (We are still looking for a venue that could host between 150-200 people and would accommodate catered appetizers
- A local song writer, Julie Rose, wrote a song for our Awareness Video: Pathways to Wellness and was professionally recorded in a studio in Ashland (fee paid for by SOS)
- The new brochure is underway under the careful guidance of Mary Collins
- We are also soliciting ideas for names for our opiate addiction program—one name suggested was “Grace Roots” What Say YOU?”
- At our next meeting, the Governor’s #1 Drug Authority, Dr. John W. McILveen, who is the Oregon Program & Policy Development Specialist State Opioid Treatment Authority, shall be in attendance
- Next Meeting: Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at the Women’s Health Center from 5:30 PM-6:30 PM
- Join this committee, contact Nancy at email@example.com
Run for the Law, A County United – Holly Lidey
- A Facebook Event has been created (please go there and rsvp!)
- GO on-line to register TODAY at www.securingoursafety.org
If you would like to help in ANY way please contact Holly Lidey at 541-660-8186 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Frank Morin wrote another Outstanding Article entitled: “New Levy—with a Catch” go to www.securingoursafety.org to read it!
A Question: How do you think the Oversight Committee should be selected? Election? Appointment? What are your thoughts?
A Second Question: Who would you suggest or trust to be on the Oversight Committee?
The Grants Pass Firefighters will be once again completing the Firefighter Stair-Climb. This is a race up the Columbia Center in downtown Seattle. Our department will be running up 69 flights of stairs in full fire gear and SCBA. While we welcome the challenge, we are doing this to fight blood cancers. All proceeds benefit The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Not only is this a great fundraiser for a worthy cause, but the training that the team completes helps to make us better at our jobs as well.
Last year Grants Pass finished 16th overall out of 93 Teams.
We would love for you to support our department. Your tax deductible donation helps in the fight against blood cancers.
Please share our link, and if you would like to further assist our team email me directly at: email@example.com
Thank you for your support!
Grants Pass Fire Rescue Stair-Climb Donation Link:
LASTLY SOS President/Chairman Jay Meredith reported:
- The Board of County Commissioners (BCC) are considering placing a Marijuana Tax proposal on the May ballot and believed it to be a serious mistake; the SOS group agreed and it was suggested that a strong presence be made at the morning BCC meeting (that plan has since been changed)
- The Mining proposals causing grief on the northern CA coast is not the same type of mining that SOS is exploring in Josephine County; our Mining committee shall present at next Tuesday’s meeting