January 20, 2015 NOTES:
We had a special visitor in our audience last night, Ms. Le Raish after witnessing one of our members out in the community supporting safety activities and our mission. Ms. Raish is the type of person with solid character and wisdom that we want to unite with. It is only joined, with the likes of her kind, that we shall be successful.
“A citizen-voiced plan to provide for a secure, stable and sustainable Josephine County.”
SOS Sponsor Report Jacki Halcomb
- If you have any questions please feel free to call or e-mail Jacki @ email@example.com or call her at 541-218-1427Sponsor Count: 34 (01/20/15)
- That is a 283% increase over last week!
- Jacki and crew Mark Gatlin, Jay Meredith, and Grant Medley, canvased the downtown GP area for several hours last Friday and Saturday. It is quite impressive to see our SOS signs in the storefronts demonstrating unity!
- It’s simple: 1-They sign a form demonstrating support; 2-They receive an SOS placard to hang in their window demonstrating our unity; 3-They provide an e-mail/phone number for contact (the e-mail addresses are not published); 4-They send us their business logo to be displayed on our SPONSOR page of our website (our Webmaster Gordon Edstrom posts the business logo; 5-We encourage others to “shop local” and support each other and we will be featuring “Businesses of the Week” on our website
- The next Sponsor Committee Meeting is on January 27, 2015 @ 1 PM at the Bohemian Restaurant located at 233 Southwest G Street
- Do you have a business or know of a Josephine County business who wants to join us? E-mail Jacki @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Art Auction Committee JoAnne Alvarez
- Art Auction: FEBRUARY 5, 2015
TICKET COUNT: 75
- There are still some tickets left! You can order a ticket on-line at http://securingoursafety.org/sos-art-auction/ or go to Platinum Financial or the Chamber of Commerce!
- Tickets are $25 each and includes hors d’oeuvres; wine sampling from Troon, Schmidt, and Bridgeview Wineries; beer sampling has been changed from Frank N’ Stene to the WILD RIVER BREWERY (unfortunately Frank N’ Stene had a scheduling conflict), who shall graciously be featuring two of their top beers and hopefully get Jon Bowen of Roux 26 to place one of them on tap permanently!; music by Antonio Melendez www.antoniomelendez.org; and a chance to support your community through some really awesome ART!
- We have 41 pieces of ART!!! View the Art: www.securingoursafety.org under the Art Committee tab
- We already have 3 attempted bids for the majestic “Fruit of my WOMB” on our ticket by famed local artist JoAnne Alvarez (we aren’t accepting bids until the actual auction-Thank you!)
- Join this committee, e-mail JoAnne at email@example.com for further details!
O+C Funding Update Cherryl Walker
- Cherryl informed us that there apparently will be a substantially decreased amount of Federal Funds awarded to Josephine County
- Cherryl reported that we received approximately 7.5 Million dollars in Federal Funding last year
- Cherryl reported that we might see approximately 3 Million dollars this year
- Cherryl is going to send us a brief synopsis of her knowledge to date and we will send it out to you once received
Nancy Yonally/Marilane Jorgenson/Dr. Felica Cohen
- The Video editing for “Pathways to Wellness” is still underway
- The Premiere is scheduled for March 2015
- Jay Cox joined the committee as our official Accountant and was elected Treasurer
- The push for non-profit status is “full speed ahead” with Jay Cox leading that effort!
- Crystal Lee from Adapt also joined our ranks and her energy is infectious!
- Mary Collins is our Chair for our new brochure which is currently underway and which shall compliment the video
The MAT-C: Medical Director: Dr. Steven Rotter
President/Chairperson: Nancy Yonally
Vice President: Dr. Felicia Cohen
Secretary: Marilane Jorgenson
Treasurer: Accountant Jay Cox
Pharmacist/Expert/Consultant: Michelle Belcher
Attorney/Counsel: Rebecca Peterson
- We are currently looking for a venue for our premiere—WHAT SAY YOU?
- Next Meeting is Wednesday, February 4, 2015 @ the Women’s Health Center from 5:30-6:30 PM
- Join this committee, contact Nancy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pat Fahey/Ken Smith/Linda Scott
It was Forum Night in GRANTS PASS:
JANUARY 20 FORUM: Five Local Leaders Will Speak Out on
Josephine County PUBLIC SAFETY SITUATION.
Grants Pass Event on Tuesday Night Kicks off Public Safety Forum Series;
Next Stops Will be Cave Junction and North Valley.
- SIGNATURE GATHERING is underway by Community United for Safety to qualify the Public Safety Measure for the May 2015 ballot. Because we only have one month to collect 2,800 signatures, CUFS needs the help of everyone working together to reach this goal. Please pick up signature sheets and be part of the solution to make Josephine County a safer community!
- If you have completed signature forms, please bring them to the next meeting!
- Mahlon and Becky Best are managing the petition forms
- As of last Tuesday, CUFS had 1202 signatures
- Join the Community Research Committee by e-mailing Ken: email@example.com
Run for the Law: A County United
- A Facebook Event has been created (please go there and “like-it!”):
- Prize of $1,000 for the female and male winner of the 10K (These donations are from Club Northwest and Dr. Steven Marshak)
- This is a 10K/5K Run/Walk
- Registration 10K-$25/5K-$20
- Participants under 18-$15
- Kid’s Dash-FREE
- There is an additional $5 fee for day of race registration
- DRY WICK SHIRTS $12 Adults $8 Kids
- CHECK OUT THE SHIRTS! (see top of this post)
- The Grants Pass Police Officer’s Union just agreed to sponsor the run and donated $500 again! THANK YOU!
- GO on-line to register TODAY at www.securingoursafety.org
This is OUR run! If you would like to help in ANY way please contact Holly Lidey at 541-660-8186 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- I am currently working with several people to get our 4 High School Track Teams involved. If you or your business would like to sponsor one of the teams, please e-mail me back ASAP @ email@example.com! The sponsorship would be to help pay for the team’s registration and for potential prizes for those teams. What an opportunity to help your local alma mater…