January 13, 2015 NOTES:
SOS Sponsor Report Jacki Halcomb
- Last committee meeting was on January 14, 2014, @ 12:30 at the Black Bear Diner
- January 16, 2014, the committee went knocking on doors!
- There are 9 sponsors posted on our website and more to come soon!
- If you have any questions please feel free to call or email Jacki @ email@example.com or 541-218-1427.
Art Auction Committee JoAnne Alvarez
- Art Auction: FEBRUARY 5, 2014
- We still have tickets! $25 each and includes hors d’oeuvres; wine sampling from Troon, Schmidt, and Bridgeview Wineries; beer sampling from Frank N’ Stene; music by Antonio Melendez www.antoniomelendez.org; and a chance to support your community through some really awesome ART!
- We have 40 pieces of ART!!! View the Art: www.securingoursafety.org under the Art Committee tab
- Join this committee, e-mail JoAnne at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details!
MAT-C Committee Nancy Yonally/Marilane Jorgenson/Dr. Felica Cohen
- Dr. Steven Rotter MAT-C Medical Director
- Video Update
- We welcome Rebecca Peterson to our Committee and she has volunteered to be our Attorney—Thank YOU Rebecca!
- Next Meeting is Wednesday, January 21, 2015 @ the Women’s Health Center from 5:30-6:30 PM
- Join this committee, contact Nancy at email@example.com
Community Research Pat Fahey/Ken Smith/Linda Scott
- Did Archie Lidey succeed? Yes! He single-handedly secured 100 (valid) signatures!
Public Safety Forums (SEE LINK HERE) There are currently three Community Forums regarding Public Safety/Law Enforcement scheduled:
- January 20, 2015 at the Ann Basker Auditorium 6:30-8:30pm; Speakers-Dave Daniels, Julie Taylor, Scott Draper, Bill Loomis, and Jim Goodwin. Jay Meredith will be the Moderator
- February 3, 2015 in Cave Junction at the Wild River Brewery from 6:00-8:00 pm; Speakers include Dr. Felicia Cohen and Jim Frick in addition to those from the first forum
- February 20, 2015 at North Valley High School from 6:30-8:30 pm;
Speakers include Jim Frick in addition to those from the first forum
- A Press Release regarding said Forums went out last Tuesday
- SIGNATURE GATHERING is underway to qualify the Public Safety Measure for the May 2015 ballot. Because we only have one month to collect 2,800 signatures, we need the help of everyone working together to reach this goal. Please pick up signature sheets and be part of the solution to make Josephine County a safer community!
- If you have completed signature forms, please bring them to the meeting! Mahlon and Becky Best are managing the petition forms
- About 400 petition sheets are out with various people, so please, get them in ASAP!
- Cliff Thomason was instrumental in setting up the booth on 7TH and K Street!
- Mark Gatlin shall be taking over that booth!
- Carrying the petitions around is the key! Ask for signatures!
- Very last day to get signatures is January 31, 2015
- Cliff wrote, “We will be having a Northside door-knocking on Saturday January 24 from 11:30-4. We will meet at Highland Elementary. The Northside of town had the highest voter turnout and the highest percentage of yes voters. The Grants Pass High School Leadership class will be volunteering their time to help us. Our goal is 800 on that day. We ask everyone to take one block of time and finish this gathering off strong.”
- For the specific language in the Public Safety Ballot Measure, and for updated details of how the petition campaign is going, please check out the Community United website at www.communityunitedforsafety.com
- Call Becky or Mahlon Best at (541) 474-9811
- “If you would like to help with the Public Safety Measure campaign and haven’t yet signed up, please visitwww.communityunitedforsafety.com, and click on the “Get Involved” tab. There, you will find a variety of ways that you can volunteer to help pass the measure. Just fill out the form, click “submit”, and a Community United member will be in touch with you shortly. Thanks!”
- Join the Community Research Committee by e-mailing Ken: firstname.lastname@example.org
Run for the Law: A County United
- The POSTER by Martin’s Printing was revealed!
- A Facebook Event has been created (please go there and JOIN):
- A map of the run has been created and shall be posted on-line
- Prize of $1,000 for the female and male winner of the 10K (These donations are from Club Northwest and Dr. Steven Marshak)
- Parks and Recreation is using our run as a target for its physical
- GO on-line to register TODAY at www.securingoursafety.org
- Next Meeting will be at Tap Rock on January 22, 2015 at 5:30 PM!
If you would like to help in ANY way please contact Holly Lidey at 541-660-8186 or email her at email@example.com
Lottery Committee Cliff Thomason
- Join this committee @ firstname.lastname@example.org