Our next meeting is Tuesday, March 3, 2015, at the Wild River Brew Pub in Grants Pass located at 533 NE F Street in Grants Pass from 5:15 PM to 6:15 PM.
There is only one week left to Register for the Run for the Law! Please Go to www.securingoursafety.org to register for the Run or for the Walk today!!!
February 24, 2015 NOTES:
WHO is Running/Walking???
Current COUNT: 192!!!
This is an opportunity for us to join together and demonstrate our unity.
Please help us by coming out and showing everyone in our county that we believe in Josephine County and want to make her a safer place for all of us!
“Every great story on the planet happened when someone decided not to give up, but kept going no matter what.”–Spryte Loriano
Lisa Turner, Felicia Cohen, Scott Draper, Dave Anderson, Lorne Woolf, Samantha Woolf, Claire Crandall, James Bozeman, Frank Morin, Cherryl Walker, Liz Hirni, Rhonda Bennett, Sonia Ford, Jennifer Souza, Quail Hjelmeir, James Bozeman, Wendy Vincent, Missy Fitzsimmons, Miki Krull, Theresa Walther, Kristin Miller, Jay Meredith, Erin Smith-Mateja, Andrew Medley, Max Medley, Grant Medley, Tamara Medley, Felita Short, Heather Merlo-Grifantini, Bekah Lidey, Archie Lidey, Mary Taylor, Cora Haze, Shirley Baxter, Tonya Striplin, Adrienne Cole, Crystal McIntire, Christina Shannon, Sally Snyder, Ken Bern, Lindsey Farr, Ben Carleton, Don Silverberg, Lori Fritchey, Robert Bosse…
And the list grows!!!
WHEN: March 7, 2015
Pre-Registration: 10K-$25/5K-$20 Under 18-$15 Kids DASH-FREE
There will be limited T-Shirts available Race Day!
A Facebook Event has been created:
If you cannot run or walk and can spare some time to help this coming SATURDAY, please contact Holly Lidey at 541-660-8186 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bill ERTEL shared a story:
I listed a property for SALE where the owner lived in Portland. There was a report that someone was living there. The owner called me and asked if that were true, because the owner was not aware and there should not be anyone there. I went there and called the police. It was approximately 9/10THs of a mile inside Jackson County. I was made aware that Josephine County would not be responding even if it was in Josephine County. The Jackson County Sheriff arrived and the people, who were “squatting”, told the police they were renting it. They had been sleeping on the floor. The male had an active warrant for his arrest.
SOS Sponsor Report Jacki Halcomb
- SPONSORS=48 (2/24/15)
- Last Meeting was at the Train Depot in Grants Pass:
- Jacki and her committee discussed having a big event inviting businesses owners in town by invitation, thanking them for their past/future support demonstrating they are special for supporting SOS and its efforts to secure safety in our community in a stable and sustainable way
- Taprock Event Center on either May 2nd or May 9th for this event was discussed if either of those dates are available
- We want to show the business community how far SOS has come in trying to achieve secure, stable, and sustainable funding and how much further we still need to go to accomplish that goal
- We think it should be an evening event—6 pm for dinner and that SOS would pay for the dinner
- These invitations will go out to those that already sponsor SOS in the form of a Thank You dinner invitation
- AT that dinner, we need to discuss all of the committees activities and their progress
- WHAT SAY YOU?
- We also want to add a picture of our business SOS sign to the website
- This committee is also working on a Sales BLITZ, where we will be going out and collecting and uniting all businesses in our county
- If you have any questions please feel free to call or email Jacki @ email@example.com or 541-218-1427
Pat Fahey/Ken Smith/Linda Scott
- Mahlon Best with Community United For Safety reminded everyone to talk to folks about getting out the vote!
- He encouraged us to write Letters to the Editor
- Join the Community Research Committee by e-mailing Ken: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nancy Yonally/Marilane Jorgenson/Dr. Felica Cohen
- Dr. Steven Rotter Medical Director
- This center is going to be a reality!
- Program Name:
Grace Roots: “Pathways to Wellness”
- The VIDEO Premiere shall be Friday, March 20, 2015 at 7 PM at the Grants Pass Community Center located at 234 SW L Street, in Grants Pass, OR
- This 23 minute video shall accomplish 3 things: 1) Make the community AWARE of our Opiate Addiction Problem in Josephine County, 2) Encourage others to join us in addressing this very REAL problem, 3) Let those with the addiction know that we are coming—that the MAT-C shall be a real resource!
- There shall be an intensive MEDIA campaign beginning this week!
Next Meeting: Wednesday, March 4, 2015 at the Women’s Health Center from 5:30 PM-6:30 PM
- It will take a VILLAGE to make this happen!
- Join this committee, contact Nancy at email@example.com
Mahlon’s STORY Mahlon Best
Mahlon told a story: At home last week, I heard a mailbox click. And then several others. I look out and see this guy going through our mailboxes and stealing mail. He saw me and took off. I called 911. I got a description of the guy and his license plate. Josephine County Deputy Corporal Travis Snyder arrived. He checked the area. Nothing. Even with the plate and information, he was unable to do anything—does not have the time. I know it’s JUST mail. Maybe it’s JUST a Social Security check or JUST a check from a relative to help someone through some hard times. Maybe it’s JUST a credit card application, along with some bills that JUST have my name and address on it. Maybe it’s JUST some pictures of the “kids” sent to Grandma who does not know how to use a computer…
I immediately sent out a blast to the Community Watch Groups to Be On the Look Out.
If we could just train and equip the Community Watch Groups and maybe get them to work a schedule so we could have service coverage. If we could just have a central Dispatch so that we collect all reports at one location in real time—or as it was happening. If we could just focus on getting the Community Watch Groups cars—reliable cars, so they could respond to calls like this immediately. Wow, if we could just do all that…
Mail Theft became a Felony Crime in Oregon on January 1, 2014.