February 17, 2015 NOTES:
SOS Sponsor Report – Jacki Halcomb
- Our sponsors continue to grow!
- This week, we welcome Taylor’s Sausage from CJ! They have also agreed to be Run for the LAW sponsors!
- Jacki will be planning a Business BLITZ in the very near future
- The SOS logo signs are beginning to pop up everywhere! Keep up the great work!
- We also agreed to put a link to the SOS Sponsor form on our sponsor page
- If you have any questions please feel free to call or email Jacki @ firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-218-1427
- Sponsor Count: 48 (02/14/15)
WHO is Running/WALKING???
Lisa Turner, Felicia Cohen, Scott Draper, Dave Anderson, Lorne Woolf, Samantha Woolf, Claire Crandall, James Bozeman, Frank Morin, Cherryl Walker, Liz Hirni, Rhonda Bennett, Sonia Ford, Jennifer Souza, Quail Hjelmeir, James Bozeman, Wendy Vincent, Missy Fitzsimmons, Miki Krull, Theresa Walther, Kristin Miller, Jay Meredith, Erin Smith-Mateja, Andrew Medley, Max Medley, Grant Medley, Tamara Medley, Felita Short, Heather Merlo-Grifantini, Bekah Lidey, Archie Lidey, Mary Taylor, Cora Haze, Shirley Baxter, Tonya Striplin, Adrienne Cole, Crystal McIntire, Christina Shannon, Ken Frownfelter, David Smith, Joshua Smith…
And many more…the list grows!!!
Go to www.securingoursafety.org to register for the run or for the walk today!!!
- A Facebook Event has been created:
Art Auction Committee JoAnne Alvarez
- REVIEW: A Success?
- 43 pieces of ART donated by fabulous artists
- Bridgeview, Schmidt and Troon Wineries and Wild River Brewery donated tasting
- Auctioneers Jim Frick assisted by Don Monette; a 2-Hour Gift Certificate appointment with World Renown Off the Map Tattoo
· Excellent Door Prizes: #1-a quilted Wall Hanging by Cave Junction’s own Carol Dickson; a dozen of custom made (your choice of character/theme and flavor) of “Whimsy Cake-pops” by JoAnne Alvarez and a lovely piece of Jewelry by Renee Herndon
· Kristine Crewse produced a FANTASTIC brochure which, quite frankly, was itself a piece of ART!
You can still view the Art: www.securingoursafety.org under the SOS Art Committee tab
· After expenses, the Auction earned approximately $6,000! Great job JoAnne and her team!
- E-mail all comments to JoAnne at email@example.com!
Pat Fahey/Ken Smith/Linda Scott
- North Valley Forum was a success!
- The Levy is now officially on the ballot! Great effort by all involved with the effort by Community United for Safety (PAC)
- Join the Community Research Committee by e-mailing Ken: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nancy Yonally/Marilane Jorgenson/Dr. Felica Cohen
- Dr. Steven Rotter Medical Director
- This center is going to be a reality!
- Program Name has been selected:
Grace Roots:“Pathways to Wellness”
- Next Meeting: Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at ADAPT from 5:30 PM-6:30 PM
- Join this committee, contact Nancy at email@example.com
Money Report Cherryl Walker
Estimates of revenue for 2014-15 from Federal forestry sources:
Secure Rural Schools Act (Act now expired)
Received last year: $5.7 million, with some mandated to Title II and Title III projects and not available to county
County General Fund received $4.8 million and all went to Public Safety.
No SRS for this next year
Bureau of Land Management (BLM) shared 50% each BLM and County
This goes into General Fund
Estimated amount this year is: $2.3 million minus 7.3% sequester = $2.1 million
Forest Service receipts shared 25% to County
Received last year: $1.5 million
Estimated amount this year is: $140,000
These funds go to Public Works and county schools
Payment in Lieu of Taxes (PILT)
Received last year: $670,000.
Estimated amount this year is: $693,000
These go into the General fund
Last year these funds were used for Public Safety
Total received last year: $6,970,000
Total estimate 2014-15 revenue for County is: $2,933,000