DECEMBER 9, 2014 NOTES:
SOS BOARD ELECTIONS – Jay Meredith
SOS Members elected the following to serve on the SOS Board for the next year:
Thanks for serving everyone! Terms of the Board are one-year terms with a limit of 5 consecutive years serving.
SOS Sponsor Report – Jacki Halcomb
- Sponsor Form is completed
- Jacki has been selected as this committee’s Captain
- This committee’s next meeting was December 15, at 12:00 PM at the Laughing Clam in Grants Pass
- OUR Goal is to get every business to fly our SOS placard
- We want to unite all businesses in Josephine County
- We want our SOS Sponsor page to be the anchor for our website
- Current members are Jacki Holcomb (Captain), Kim Gasperson, Brian Pendleton, Jennifer Essick, Jay Meredith and Archie Lidey
- Sponsor COUNT TBA
- If you would like to join this committee, please e-mail Jennifer @ firstname.lastname@example.org
MAT-C Committee – Nancy Yonally/Marilane Jorgenson/Dr. Felica Cohen
- Dr. Steven Rotter MAT-C Medical Director
- $2,500 Grant was received from the LADPC Meeting (Thank you Abe Huntley, Nancy Yonally and Marilane Jorgenson)
- That Grant will go towards our Awareness Video, which is in its’ final editing stages and has an estimated cost of $14,000
- At the last meeting on Wednesday, December 10, 2014 @ the Women’s Health Center, Rick Jones facilitated another GRANT of $6,000 for our Awareness Video through Carla McCafferty @ OPTIONS
- SIMPLY FANTASTIC!
- Thank YOU!
- Jay Meredith shall coordinate with Rick Jones to help the MAT-C become a non-profit
- We celebrated the imminent departure of Josephine County Community Corrections Director Abe Huntley to retirement. Abe has been a stellar member of our community and shall be missed!
- Our next meeting shall be at the Women’s Health Center on January 7, 2015 @ 5:30 PM
- Join this committee, contact Nancy at email@example.com
Community Research – Pat Fahey/Ken Smith/Linda Scott
- Ballot measure language has been drafted and submitted to
County for legal analysis and approval. It is working its’
way through the bureaucratic process. We expect a decision for approval sometime this
- If County approves, then petition drive can begin
- If County disapproves, then Community United for Safety (CUFS) will need to decide whether or not to take the issue to Court for approval. The County has five
days to resolve language of the ballot.
PLEASE check out the public safety measure website at www.communityunitedforsafety.com
Join the Community Research Committee by e-mailing Ken:
Lottery Committee Cliff Thomason
- Join this committee @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Run for the Law: A County United – Holly Lidey
- Bill West has resigned from the committee due to personal reasons unrelated to our efforts
- Thank YOU Bill for all of your hard work!
- Committee members so far are: Jeremy Petronella, Erin Mateja-Smith, Felicia Cohen, Frank Morin, Kay Smith, Liz Hirni, Cory Johnston, Quail Hjelmeir, Jay Meredith, Felita Short, Jennifer Essick and Alison Orozco
- Partners: Club NW, Evergreen Federal, and Johnson Dental have all committed
again to be primary sponsors
- The City Parks Department has started a running group to train for the 5K for our
race in March!
- Almost all of last year’s sponsors have received sponsor request letters
- The Kids Dash will be at 8:30 am.
- The Race Information is all current and currently up on our website: www.securingoursafety.org and You can go and register on-line NOW!
- WE NEED a LOGO ASAP! The run is: Run for the LAW: A County United what do you think? E-Mail me back ASAP your ideas! Last year, we had it around St. Patrick’s Day and used the Leprechaun. We need something new and fresh this year!
- The next meeting will be on January 5, 2014, the location for that meeting is yet to be announced
- If you would like to help in ANY way please contact Holly Lidey at 541-660-8186 or email her at email@example.com
Art Auction Committee JoAnne Alvarez
- Jesse Meinerts gave an update—tickets have been printed!
TICKETS CAN BE PURCHASED HERE!!! http://securingoursafety.org/sos-art-auction/
- All four Wineries have committed and will be back pouring samples: Schmidt, Troon, Bridgeview and Fiasco
- Frank N Stene shall be providing beer samples from local breweries
- The $25 ticket includes whores devoured, wine and beer samples and your chance to buy some fantastic donated ART!
- The ART shall be on our website prior to the Auction
- Art Auction: FEBRUARY 5, 2014
- So far we have 27 ARTISTS committed!!!
- This committee will be meeting Monday, December 15, 2014 at JoAnne Alvarez’ residence located
- Join this committee, e-mail JoAnne at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details!