NOTES from December 2, 2014:
Tree Donation through a generous donation by Holly Lidey, Felicia Cohen, David Smith, Liz Hirni and Steve Marshak, a Christmas Tree, “Heavenly Peace” was purchased at WINTERFEST and donated on behalf of SOS to the Newman United Methodist Church in appreciation for their generous contribution of their meeting room to SOS throughout the year. Thank YOU!
SOS Sponsor Report Jennifer Essick
- Copies of the Sponsor form should be ready for next meeting
- Sponsor COUNT TBA
- OUR Goal is to get every business to fly our SOS placard
- We want to unite all businesses in Josephine County
- We want our SOS Sponsor page to be the anchor for our website
- Someone suggestions: having businesses contribute 2% of sales for a day to SOS; have sponsors show up to 12-16-14 Community United for Safety Kick-Off Party
- Current members are Jacki Holcomb, Kim Gasperson, Brian Pendleton, Jennifer Essick, Jay Meredith and Archie Lidey
- If you would like to join this committee, please e-mail Jennifer @ email@example.com
Nancy Yonally/Marilane Jorgenson/Dr. Felica Cohen
- Dr. Steven Rotter MAT-C Medical Director advised that we received a $2,500 grant for our Video Production (We need $14,000) from the LADPC Meeting which was held on December 4, 2014 @ 1:30, at the Marie Hill Conference room at Community Corrections, 510 NW 4th Street, Grants Pass. Thank you to Nancy Yonally, Marilane Jorgenson and Abe Huntley for securing this GRANT! It’s a GREAT Start!!! THANK YOU!!!
- Join this committee, contact Nancy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pat Fahey/Ken Smith/Linda Scott
PLEASE check out the public safety measure website at www.communityunitedforsafety.com
Ken and Linda gave the update:
- Working on petition language
- Focusing on preparation to launch petition drive at December 16TH Party at Wild River Brew Pub
- Need sign-up sheets to be completed but they cannot be completed until petition language approved
- We have a couple who have volunteered to “chair” the sign-up
The kick-off PARTY
Tuesday, December 16, 2014, at the Wild River Brew Pub from 5PM-7PM.
Publicity—Want the Party and effort to be worth people’s time!
People have been looking for both information and opportunity to make a contribution
Will ask Speakers for Party: Scott Draper, Dave Daniel, Jim
Goodwin and Stephen Campbell
Public Safety Forum this Spring
Calculator on the PAC website for computing what the successful Criminal Justice Levy will mean to you, the homeowner, at $1.40/$1,000 impact, if the Josephine County residents authorize the Levy.
Q+A/FAQ page on the www.communityunitedforsafety.com website for people to visit and find answers!
Radio Ads to inform the public where and when they can go and sign the petitions.
Join the Community Research Committee by e-mailing Ken: email@example.com
Lottery Committee Cliff Thomason
- People in Portland are gathering signatures.
Need to focus on fundraising.
Cliff is going to Portland on Wednesday to meet with
- Join this committee @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Run for the Law: A County United
Bill West/Holly Lidey
The next run meeting was Dec 3rd at 5:30pm at Club Northwest.
- Sending letters to last year’s sponsors—will be in the
- Evergreen Federal has already stepped up with a $1,000 donation!
- Committee has problem finding people to monitor along race
course; Young Marines may help per Chris Blydenburgh, his Father Sal Blydenburgh
who runs the Young Marines in both Merlin and Medford and will ask father if they will help
- There was a suggestion that we have a bicycle ride before May as this
is a big biking area. Will consider it. What Say YOU?
- Quail and Corey Johnston have recently joined this committee. Thank YOU!
If you would like to help in ANY way please contact Holly Lidey at 541-660-8186 or email her at email@example.com
Art Auction Committee JoAnne Alvarez
- Their last meeting was December 1, 2014 at JoAnne’s home!
- Incidentally, Frank N Stene’s Monster Growlers will be sampling a few select beers at our Auction this year!
- Art Auction: FEBRUARY 5, 2014
- So far we have 27 ARTISTS committed!!!
- 130 people at last year’s event; raised $8,000.
- Tickets are being printed as we write… The cost will be $25 per person again and will include wine tasting, beer tasting, a door prize chance and an opportunity to BID!
- Join this committee, e-mail JoAnne at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details!
Hard Rock Mining Michael Cope/Jay Meredith
- Still working with consultant who was involved in last Spring’s event
- Working on providing the infrastructure to get mining started again
- WE NEED: Place to test materials—Place to process materials
- Have (2) private companies who want to be involved in providing the
- Last Year’s Expert is writing two articles on our local potential
- Join this committee, e-mail Michael at email@example.com