We had another great meeting!
It’s impressive to see so many in attendance, even though we had so many members absent attending the CJ Forums!
We cannot lose sight of our Mission: “A citizen-voiced plan to provide for a secure, stable and sustainable Josephine County.”
We have worked hard to get where we are.
That being said, in the upcoming weeks before this May Election, I challenge you all to examine each and every Candidate and ask yourself, if this person is the best person to lead us and help us achieve our Mission. Everyone has an equal vote and I challenge you to use it wisely.
Men and Women have died for our right—privilege and duty to vote.
As an important side note, for me, above all else, honesty—telling the truth—all the time, is paramount in a leader. It is the heart of character. There is no side-stepping honesty. In law enforcement, if you lie, no matter how small of a lie you utter, you are fired. Immediately. As it should be. There is no room in our Criminal Justice System for lies. How much more so should that standard be applied to those who lead us in Government?
It saddens me to read in some of the candidate’s messages, that they are the “common sense” choice to be elected, when they are dishonest in their dealings. It is difficult for me not to take that as an insult to my/our character. As if honesty did not matter…
Please respect your privilege to vote and take the time to learn about our candidates. Your Vote Counts! There really are some outstanding people seeking office and I for one, appreciate their genuine sincerity in wanting to make our home a better place.
Jail/Juvenile Justice Levy Committee (Separate PAC) Pat Fahey
If you want a sign, CALL (541) 295-5273
IF you have questions that you have encountered regarding the upcoming levy, please forward them to Pat Fahey ASAP. Please, don’t be shy! email@example.com
Media Blitz with on-line YouTube video questions per the Chamber of Commerce can now be accessed on YOUTUBE or by going to: www.citizenssecuringoursafety.com
NEXT MEETING is at the SOS Office on Redwood Avenue, Grants Pass, on Monday, April 21, 2014 @ 5:15 PM!
Join this committee, e-mail Pat: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sobering Center Committee Bill Landis
- Bill gave a great presentation on the Sobering Center; he shall be providing a summary of this update to be posted on our website
- Under ORS 430.300 is the statute/authority to hold someone due to intoxication
- Annual cost for the Sobering Center is approximately $250,000
- The Sobering Center Group has achieved non-profit status
- The City Planning Commission approved the Site
- There will be an Intoxilizer 8000 at the center, which can also be used for Law Enforcement
- Website Webpage Update
- Join this Committee, e-mail Bill Landis @ email@example.com
JJC Vigil Jim Goodwin
WHERE: Juvenile Justice Center in GP
WHEN: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 5:30 PM
WHO WILL BE SPEAKING?
JJC Director Jim Goodwin
GPDPS Chief Bill Landis
EX Resident Speaker
Retired Juvenile Supervisor Dan Converse
Sheriff Candidate Dave Daniel
Lottery Committee Cliff Thomason/Jay Meredith http://www.lotterylocalcontrol.com/news.html
- WHERE IS CLIFF? Shall continue where you can follow Cliff’s daily travels on Cliff’s BLOG which you can access from our website: www.securingoursafety.org
- Cliff and Jay are in Gresham Thursday speaking to the citizens there to gain support for our Lottery Effort and hopefully establish our first SOS Outpost!
- Cliff will gather 1,000 new signatures outside Josephine County for us to proceed
- Cliff’s Strategic PLAN
- 35 COUNTIES with SOS Outposts/Map by Gordon Edstrom
- WHAT SAY YOU?
Join this committee firstname.lastname@example.org
New Stat Article by Frank Morin
Increasing Measure 11 Crimes!
SOS Finances- A breakdown by Jay Meredith will be presented in two weeks!
Timber Committee Jim Frick
- Website Webpage Updated
- On April 24, 2014, there will be 3 more timber sales
- The harvest was 1 Million board feet
- Prices received were good, but the prices are now in decline
- Oregon Wild (Andy Kerr) has been instrumental in blocking timber sales
- Most of recent sales has been salvage sales and only 25-30% green timber
- 600,000 board feet green and 1.6 million salvaged
- The cost to replant is approximately $750,000
- There has been a tremendous seed bank drain
- Join this Committee, e-mail Jim Frick @ email@example.com
The Hardrock Mining Committee: Michael Cope/Jay Meredith
Southern Oregon Mineral Summit
When: May 10, 2014
Where: Grants Pass City Council Chambers
Master of Ceremony: Carl Wilson
Featured Speaker: “Gareth Hatch”
Frank Morin provided me with the tablet to give to our new Secretary Kay Smith. Thanks so much Frank for the donation!
Lastly, as I investigated a crime today against a 9 year old child, I watched as her worn shoes kept slipping off of the backs of her feet. She took notice of my observation and remarked that she had “better ones” inside her house, embarrassed at what she was wearing. I knew those were the best shoes she had. I thought to myself, how the criminal aspect she was now involved in was due, in part, to a segment of our community that was selfish—that could care less about her safety. Law and fair treatment should be a given in any civilized society, the burden shared by all—supported by a concerned and nurturing community. I thought how I/we should be better employed focusing on her welfare… her shoes, instead of her safety…
Thank you for caring!
MISSION: “A citizen-voiced plan to provide for a secure, stable and sustainable Josephine County.”