Our next meeting will be next Tuesday, December 17, 2013, at the Wild River Brew Pub located at 533 NE F Street, in Grants Pass from 5:15 PM-6:15 PM.
It will be a very important meeting and our last of the year. Everyone has a lot going on and we are in the midst of the Holidays. But please take a moment for us to end the year on a good note, by attending and by getting up to date with where we are and where we are going. We’ve accomplished much this year and 2014 appears promising.
Please plan on attending. YOU are needed.
“I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”
Here are the notes from our Tuesday meeting, December 10, 2013:
- Jail/Juvenile Justice Levy Committee Pat Fahey
PETITION COUNT: 400 (19%)
GOAL is 2,100
- Committee: Pat Fahey, Cheri Adkins, Connie Roach, Dennis Ward, and John McCafferty
- Develop Strategies for signature gathering
- Pat’s Editorial addressing what the Levy covers
- Develop a FAQ section of website webpage
- Create/purchase large simple signs (Cliff Thomason—JAIL/JUVENILE JUSTICE LEVY SIGN-UP HERE!
- Pat’s committee is meeting every Monday Night at his Southern Oregon Sanitation (SOS) Office on Redwood Avenue every Monday @ 5:00 PM (next meeting Monday, December 16, 2013)
- If you would like to join this committee, e-mail Pat: email@example.com
- The Hardrock Mining Committee—What’s the Next Step? Michael Cope/Jay Meredith http://www.techmetalsresearch.com Will update at next meeting!
- POKER NIGHT REPORT: Jay Meredith
Who WON? Please visit our website to see all the Winners and participants, etc. www.securingoursafety.org; $33 of each ticket purchase is tax deductible (unless you walked away with a prize!) and Jay shall be coordinating receipts for any that need one.
- Fund-Raising Art Show February 6, 2014 Joanne Alvarez, Cheri Adkins and Kay Smith Next Meeting @ 6:30 PM, Monday, December 16, 2013 (location is JoAnne’s home); We plan on having the flyer for this event completed this week; This committee shall also have a website webpage completed this week as well; Will update at next meeting!
- Medically-Assisted-Treatment (MAT) Committee Toni Webb—The Brochure is FINALLY done! SOS shall be contributing $100 and OPTIONS of Grants Pass has graciously donated an additional $400 to have the first batch of brochures printed; Next Meeting at Women’s Health Center on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 @ 5:30 PM; Will update at next meeting!
- Mark Seligman’s house burnt down in Selma
Washington Federal, for any help to pay medical bills for his girlfriend or any other costs associated with the fire; the bank has branches at 110 N.W. Fourth St. and 290 Union Ave. in Grants Pass, at 5080 Monument Drive in Merlin, and at 135 S. Redwood Highway in Cave Junction.
- The Immediate Change Committee
Jody Nigh/Rycke Brown said we should change the name of this committee to be more on line with “It’s the little things” or “Little Things Committee”
- Skateboard Raffle: Cheri Adkins
- Jubilee Park Vigil : Shane Simon/Pat Fahey said the CJ Community was very receptive and positive about effecting change
- Animal Shelter Levy Larry West spoke briefly about the proposed Animal Shelter Levy and how we might want to work together; Larry spoke about the importance of “Budegting for Outcomes” and mutual support; Larry will speak again at our upcoming meeting
- Justice of Peace Committee Dave Corsi will update at upcoming meeting
- Sobering Center Committee Bill Landis shall give us an update at our next meeting
- SOS “Run for the Law” Committee Bill West will give us an update at the next meeting
- SOS Strategic Plan Penny Mueller
We discussed the need for each of our Committees to have a Strategic Plan and we agreed that they all should have one!
As a cog in the wheel of our “Wheel of Fortune” or a candle on our “Menorah”, each committee must have a solid plan for us to link everything together in our common Mission: “A citizen-voiced plan to provide for a secure, stable and sustainable Josephine County.”
As such, each Committee will list on their website webpage:
- Committee Captain (with Photo) and e-mail address
- Date of Last Update
- Committee Mission
- Committee Goals
- Venue Listed for Meetings
- Next meeting noted/announced
- “Spiel” (a basic summary about your committee, incorporating Mission/Goals and what you are about—something that after a person reads it, they have a good idea of what you are about)
- FAQ Section—this is the hard one, because here’s where you basically answer what your committee has and has not vetted and why you are taking the direction you are taking
- Flyers—something we can pass out to people,which contains most of the above!
Over the next few weeks, we, as a group, shall be reviewing our website pages to ensure that we have these basic components on our website pages for each committee; it will be some work at first, but we definitely shall reap the benefits from it in the future! Most of the website pages already have most of this info. Thanks in advance!
We really ARE making a difference!
WHAT SAY YOU?
MISSION: “A citizen-voiced plan to provide for a secure, stable and sustainable Josephine County.”