Good Evening SOS!
Great Meeting last night! Thanks to everyone who attended!
- There are now over 25 Artists
- We are on FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/events/202608009939241/
- There are over 30 pieces of donated art!
- We have sold 54 Tickets!
- The ART is good!!!
- How Mucho? Tickets are only $25 and include Hours Devoured…
- Jim Frick is the Auctioneer!
- Don Monetti from KCMD shall be “MC” for the event
- Where? Roux 26 in Grants Pass (We will have the entire restaurant and plan to fill it!
- When? February 6, 2014 from 6PM-9PM
- How Mucho? $25
- What does the $25 ticket include? 4 tickets for 4 wine tastes and for Hors d’oeuvres
- There will be a Harpist and maybe, just maybe, Chris Mecca will dance?
- Wineries participating thus far are Troon, Bridgeview, Schmidt and Fiasco
- Next Meeting is at Roux 26 on January 27, 2014 @ 6:00 PM
- Go on-line to purchase tickets on the Art Auction Committee page on our site or e-mail Nadine Patel at email@example.com
- Peter Tamshiro also have tickets and you can contact him at his business at Platinum Financial or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join this committee, e-mail JoAnne: email@example.com
Jail/Juvenile Justice Levy Committee UPDATE
JAIL/JJC Petition COUNTDOWN
GOAL: 2,200 Signatures
Collected Signatures to Date:
Percent of Goal:
DAYS LEFT to COMPLETE SIGNATURE GATHERING:
DEADLINE: February 19, 2014
*These numbers are being tallied by Connie Roach and updated every day
- The Levy is being run by a PAC and we are providing information regarding the PAC’s efforts
- BCC Letter progress: at different times, both Keith Heck and Cheryl Walker advised me that the completion of a unified letter was in the works and should be out VERY soon!
- Connie Roach/FAQ Section—We have questions which we are answering and reviewing; if you have questions that you have encountered regarding the upcoming levy, please forward them to Pat Fahey ASAP. Please, don’t be shy! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pat’s committee will next meet at his Southern Oregon Sanitation (SOS) Office on Redwood Avenue on Sunday, January 26, 2014 @ 1:00 PM
- Pat Sign-UP Schedule is posted on the website
- Door-to-door/Neighborhoods Signatures; per Steve Marshak, please walk your neighborhoods and gather signatures like he has been doing! It’s a great way to get others involved with making our home safer!
- If you have a completed petition, please bring it to the meeting or e-mail Pat or myself or drop them off at Southern Oregon Sanitation (SOS) Office on Redwood Avenue; or bring it to the next Securing Our Safety meeting! Do not take it to the County Assessor’s Office.
- WE NEED TO GET THIS petition done in the next few days so we can focus on our awareness ART AUCTION!
- Join this committee, e-mail Pat: email@example.com
Medically-Assisted-Treatment (MAT) Committee Michelle Obrien and David Vance represented this committee and gave us an update:
- The next meeting at Women’s Health Center shall be on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 @ 5:00 PM
- The brochures are done and should be in tomorrow; anyone wishing brochures should contact Archie Lidey firstname.lastname@example.org or Toni Webb email@example.com
- Our next step is to begin designing the center
- Join this committee, e-mail Toni: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOS “Run for the Law” Committee Bill West/Holly Lidey
- Where are we at?
- We are on FACEBOOK! https://www.facebook.com/events/487372901383252/
- Sponsors continue to step up! Thank you!
- People continue to register
- Conservative estimates of participation in this run, in our county of 82,000 is: 1000
- Our County NEEDS this wake-up event!
- The next BIG meeting for this Committee is: January 23, 2014 at Club Northwest @ 5:15 PM
- Join this committee, e-mail Bill: email@example.com
St. Patrick’s Day Run For The Law
10k Run or 5k Walk/Run & Kid’s Dash
March 15, 2014
Go to www.securingoursafety.org to register
- Dr. Steven Marshak’s Idea /CJ City Councilor Dr. John Gardiner /Penny Mueller; we are still working out the venue details for this event; we are considering have two Victim’s Forums, one in CJ and one in Grants Pass
Lastly, we recognized Rycke Brown for all of her positive efforts in our community!
Next Week’s Meeting Preview:
- Lottery Committee Update Cliff Thomason; Join this committee, e-mail Cliff: firstname.lastname@example.org
- State Session Report State Representative Wally Hicks
- The Hardrock Mining Committee Update/What’s the Next Step? The Summit! Michael Cope; Join this committee, e-mail Michael:email@example.com
- Timber Committee Update Next Week with Jim Frick; Join this committee, e-mail Jim: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT SAY YOU?
MISSION: “A citizen-voiced plan to provide for a secure, stable and sustainable Josephine County.”