Here are the notes from last Tuesday’s meeting:
REPORT: The Artists United for Public Safety Awareness fundraiser event at Roux 26 on February 6, 2014 was fantastic!
28 Artists donated
Community Awareness was our #1 priority and I think we achieved that with approximately 150 people in attendance!
After expenses, we collected just over $5,200
- With respect to Sponsors, we would like to thank the ARTISTS, Jon Bowen and Roux 26, Schmidt, Troon, Fiasco and Bridgeview Wineries
- Again, SPECIAL THANKS to our core Art Auction Committee! JoAnne Alvarez, Nadine Patel, Cheri Adkins, Cami Benedict and Kay Smith!
Jail/Juvenile Justice Levy Committee UPDATE from CSOS (PAC) – Pat Fahey
- On Wednesday, February 12, 2014, we turned in 2339 petition signatures to Art Harvey at the Josephine County Clerk’s Office!
- Signatures are still being evaluated at this time; PLEASE BRING ALL OF YOUR PETITIONS TO TUESDAY’S SOS Meeting! WE are almost there! Let’s git’ er done!
- Connie Roach/is maintaining the FAQ Section on the WEBSITE for this committee
- IF you have questions that you have encountered regarding the upcoming levy, please forward them to Pat Fahey ASAP. Please, don’t be shy! firstname.lastname@example.org
- A core group of people, to include Ken Smith, Linda Scott, Darryl Scott, Connie Roach, Roy Lindsay, Sue Fahey, and Pat Fahey, have begun to orchestrate their campaign strategy
- Join this committee, e-mail Pat: email@example.com
The Hardrock Mining Committee Update Michael Cope/Jay Meredith
- What’s the Next Step?
- The Hardrock Mining Summit date has been confirmed: Saturday, May 10, 2014, at 1:00 PM
- The keynote speaker is: Gareth Hatch
- Venue? Grants Pass City Council Chambers
- The name for the Summit is still being developed, possibly “Green Energy Materials Summit”
- What Say YOU?
- Join this committee, e-mail Michael: firstname.lastname@example.org
ANIMAL SHELTER LEVY
- Carl announced that this committee had arrived at their goal for the petition; enough signatures had been collected and they are now waiting on the signatures to be evaluated! Great Job!
New Stat Article by Frank Morin
Traffic Crash Fatalities in Josephine County shall be appearing soon on our website
“Run for the Law” Committee
Bill West/Holly Lidey
PLEASE REGISTER NOW FOR THE RUN/WALK!
- This thing just keeps growing!!!
- Mid-Rogue-Independent-Physician’s-Association (MRIPA) just announced that they will be a $1,000 donor of our AWARENESS RUN! fantastic! Thank You so much!
- This is your run! Jump in and help plan it! Next Meeting will be THURSDAY, FEBUARY 20TH AT 5:15 PM/Venue to be announced!
- RUN AWARENESS Attendance GOAL: 1,000
- Club Northwest will be putting on a promotional event called “14 Days to your first 5K!” This will begin March 1 and go until March 14th. They will teach you how to get prepared for your first 5K in 2 weeks. Please sign up for that at Club Northwest if you are a member and are interested!
- We are still looking for items to put into our swag bags for the runners. If you know of a business that may be able to donate an item: inspirational plastic bracelets, pencils, water bottles, key chains, etc! It’s a great way to promote your business!!!
- We are also encouraging businesses to help our event by offering to pay the registration fee for their employees. Challenge other businesses with this offer! Thus far Evergreen Federal and Southern Oregon Sanitation have stepped up!
- Bill West, Frank Morin, and Holly Lidey were on KAJO last Monday morning for five minutes talking about therun!
Check it out:
- IF you want to purchase a run T-shirt but don’t plan to register, such as volunteers, they can e-mail Holly: email@example.com or call her at 541-660-8186. She will need the shirt sizes and money for the shirts before March 1st! Cost of the shirts: Adults $13.50 and Kids $12.00
- FACEBOOK! Please share this event! https://www.facebook.com/events/487372901383252
- The “Kid’s Dash” will start at 8:30 AM, and it will be completed before the other races which begin at 8:40 AM, so that if parents want to run, Kidzone will be letting member’s kids in free during the 10K/5K on race day and will only charge $3.50 for non-member kids!
- Join this committee, e-mail Bill: firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Patrick’s Day Run For The Law
10k Run or 5k Walk/Run & Kid’s Dash
March 15, 2014
Go to www.securingoursafety.org to register
Lottery Committee – Cliff Thomason
- This past THURSDAY (February 13, 2014), the Oregon Supreme Court announced a decision regarding the language in our Lottery language petition, to be explained in detail at next Tuesday’s Meeting February 18, 2014 at the Wild River Brew Pub located at located at 533 NE F Street, in Grants Pass, from 5:15 PM-6:15 PM. (PS. It’s good!)
- Join this committee email@example.com
A Marijuana Moment Nancy Coleman gave us a presentation on marijuana; how drugs in general shadow crimes in our community; how Josephine County was featured in the New York Times in 1980 regarding drugs, etc. Nancy is interested in starting a new committee educating our community on the impact drugs has—This might be in-line with the MAT-C Committee; WHAT SAY YOU?
CJ Skateboard Raffle
What happened? We are going to be drawing the winner of the Skateboard soon? We will discuss when next meeting!
April Awareness EVENT
- CJ Victim’s Forum—It was decided that we have a Victim’s Forum at the Wild River Brewery in CJ in April—Need an event coordinator for this!
- Whether we have a Victim’s Forum in GP or not is yet to be decided
- JJC Vigil—we are also going to have a vigil instead of a meeting in April, around the Juvenile Justice Center in GP; We shall be asking Terry Soebeeter and Jim Goodwin to coordinate this event
WHAT SAY YOU?
MISSION: “A citizen-voiced plan to provide for a secure, stable and sustainable Josephine County.”