Good Evening SOS!
Our Meeting this week, is tomorrow, Tuesday, December 10, 2013, at theNewman United Methodist Church in Grants Pass located at 132 NE “B” Street, in Grants Pass from 5:15 PM-6:15 PM
· Jail/Juvenile Justice Levy Committee Pat Fahey
PETITION COUNT LAST WEEK: 350 (17%)
PETITION COUNT THIS WEEK:
GOAL is 2,100
Committee: Cheri Adkins, Connie Roach, Dennis Ward, and John McCafferty/Strategies for signature gathering/ Pat’s Editorial/ large simple signs made (Cliff Thomason—VOTE by group: Yes or No/ advertising for locations where people can go to sign up!/Pat’s committee is meeting every Monday Night at his Southern Oregon Sanitation (SOS) Office on Redwood Avenue every Monday @ 5:00 PM; if you would like to join this committee, e-mail Pat: email@example.com
· The Hardrock Mining Committee—What’s the Next Step? Michael Cope/Jay Meredith http://www.techmetalsresearch.com
· POKER NIGHT REPORT: Jay Meredith
Who Won? How did SOS do? Awareness? Wild River Brew Pub? Tickets are Tax Deductible ($33)
How many players showed up? ____________
www.securingoursafety.org for photos/winner list, etc.!!!
· Fund-Raising Art Show February 6, 2014 Joanne Alvarez, Cheri Adkins and Kay Smith Next Meeting @ 6:30 PM, Wednesday, December 18, 2013 (location is JoAnne’s home); website webpage
· Medically-Assisted-Treatment (MAT) Committee Toni Webb—The Brochure is FINALLY done! How many are going to be made? What is the cost? ____________
· Mark Seligman’s house burnt down in Selma
Washington Federal, for any help to pay medical bills for his girlfriend or any other costs associated with the fire; The bank has branches at 110 N.W. Fourth St. and 290 Union Ave. in Grants Pass, at 5080 Monument Drive in Merlin, and at 135 S. Redwood Highway in Cave Junction.
· The Immediate Change Committee Jody Nigh
1. Skateboard Raffle: Cheri Adkins ???
2. Jubilee Park Vigil : Shane Simon
Dec 8th @ 4 p.m.
Shane @ 541-218-8278.
“An opportunity is upon us to effect change for the betterment of our community and you are invited to be a part of it.”
3. Christmas Parade Grants Pass Jody Nighe firstname.lastname@example.org CANCELLED
· Animal Shelter Levy Larry West
· Justice of Peace Committee Dave Corsi
· SOS Strategic Plan Penny Mueller
We discussed the need for each of our Committees to have a Strategic Plan and we agreed that they all should have one!
As a cog in the wheel of our “Wheel of Fortune” or a candle on our “Menorah”, each committee must have a solid plan for us to link everything together in our common Mission: “A citizen-voiced plan to provide for a secure, stable and sustainable Josephine County.”
As such, each Committee will list on their website webpage:
o Committee Captain (with Photo) and e-mail address
o Date of Last Update
o Committee Mission
o Committee Goals
o Venue Listed for Meetings
o Next meeting noted/announced
o “Spiel” (a basic summary about your committee, incorporating Mission/Goals and what you are about—something that after a person reads it, they have a good idea of what you are about)
o FAQ Section—this is the hard one, because here’s where you basically answer what your committee has and has not vetted and why you are taking the direction you are taking
o Flyers—something we can pass out to people,which contains most of the above!
Over the next few weeks, we, as a group, shall be reviewing our website pages to ensure that we have these basic components on our website pages for each committee; it will be some work at first, but we definitely shall reap the benefits from it in the future! Most of the website pages already have most of this info. Thanks in advance!
Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you’ll find one at the end of your arm … As you grow older you will discover that you have two hands. One for helping yourself, the other for helping others. Audrey Hepburn
You really ARE making a difference!
WHAT SAY YOU?
MISSION: “A citizen-voiced plan to provide for a secure, stable and sustainable Josephine County.”