Our Meeting this week is today, Tuesday, December 3, 2013, at the Wild River Brew Pub located at 533 NE F Street, in Grants Pass from 5:15 PM-6:15 PM.
· T-Shirts at the Book Lore Gordon Edstrom (Update on ordering process) Book Lore 122 SE H Street, Grants Pass, OR (541) 471-4945
· County Update Keith Heck resolution and other issues
· Jail/Juvenile Justice Levy Committee
PETITION COUNT: _____ (___%)
· Justice of Peace Committee Dave Corsi
1. BCC Resolution Presentation
2. Next Meeting?
3. if you would like to join this committee, please e-mail Dave at email@example.com
· The Hardrock Mining Committee—What’s the Next Step? Michael Cope/Jay Meredith More about the LAB and TMR http://www.techmetalsresearch.com ; “TMR provides market intelligence, commentary and analysis on the rare earths, graphite and other critical and strategic materials. We help companies, governments, agencies and individuals do their homework and due diligence, on the challenges and opportunities associated with these materials.”; in short TMR wants to know more about Josephine County; more to follow!
POKER NIGHT Fund Raiser at the Wild River Brew Pub Jay Meredith
ALL IN FOR SAFETY!
SOS Texas Hold’em Fundraiser
Help Us Achieve, “A Citizen-Voiced Plan to provide for a secure, stable and sustainable Josephine County.”
DO YOU FEEL LUCKY?
1st Prize $500 gift card
Top 20 Finishers receive Prizes!
WHEN: Thursday, December 5, 2013, 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM
WHERE:Wild River Brew Pub, 533 NE F Street, Grants Pass
COST: $50 includes stone–oven baked Pizza, salad, and dessert along with your buy-in to the tournament!
ONLY 100 Tickets will be sold!
Here is the online announcement: http://wp.me/p3hQZg-FI
You can also RSVP for a ticket on our Facebook event page: www.facebook.com/events/1417118441853188/
WE ONLY NEED 25 more to reach our goal!
· Fund-Raising Art Show February 6, 2014 Joanne Alvarez, Cheri Adkins and Kay Smith Next Meeting @ 6:30 PM, Wednesday, December 4, 2013 (location is JoAnne’s home)
· Medically-Assisted-Treatment (MAT) Committee Toni Webb/Frank Morin
“The percentage increase is huge, and might be the best way to present the numbers. I added the percentage increase to his (DA Campbell’s) numbers below in RED.
Please find below the stats we were able to pull from our data system. Case type means that we had criminal charges not necessarily drug charges (but including them) where we knew based upon the defendant or the police reports that heroin had some influence on the case. We try to code as many of those cases as we can in our system. Sometimes we miss them. Sometimes heroin is playing a role and we simply don’t have that information. Put simply, the stats are if anything – low.
The stats where the charge included “heroin” includes all charges where we found the drug and either it was being possessed, delivered, or manufactured.
CASE TYPE = Heroin
11/26/12 to 11/25/13 = 119 cases 385% increase over last year
(That’s 2 1/2 Heroin cases PER WEEK)
11/26/11 to 11/25/12 = 31 cases 61% increase over the previous year
11/26/10 to 11/25/11 = 19 cases
CHARGE includes the word Heroin
11/26/12 to 11/25/13 = 67 cases 830% increase over last year
11/26/11 to 11/25/12 = 8 cases
11/26/10 to 11/25/11 = 7 cases
This does not include all of the opiates (prescription medications), just heroin!
While we may never be able to articulate a dollar value impact of the positive effect a Medically Assisted Treatment Center (MAT-C) would have on our community, the numbers above as well as the numbers received from the Women’s Health Center in Grants Pass, where in 2012, 126 babies were born with Opiate withdrawal symptoms in Josephine County; as well as the fact that we have over 150 Josephine County residents commuting daily to Jackson County for their dosage of methadone; is evidentiary that a MAT-C could be impactful; this committee is in the planning stage of the MAT-C—“If we build it, they will come”; next meeting is at 5:30 PM at the Women’s Health Center on December 4, 2013; e-mail Toni if you would like to join this committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Mark Seligman’s house burnt down in Selma
An account has been set up in Seligman’s name at Washington Federal, for any help to pay medical bills for his girlfriend or any other costs associated with the fire; The bank has branches at 110 N.W. Fourth St. and 290 Union Ave. in Grants Pass, at 5080 Monument Drive in Merlin, and at 135 S. Redwood Highway in Cave Junction.
· SOS Strategic Plan Penny Mueller
We discussed the need for each of our Committees to have a Strategic Plan and we agreed that they all should have one!
As a cog in the wheel of our “Wheel of Fortune” or a candle on our “Menorah”,each committee must have a solid plan for us to link everything together in our common Mission: “A citizen-voiced plan to provide for a secure, stable and sustainable Josephine County.”
As such, each Committee will list on their website webpage:
o Committee Captain (with Photo) and e-mail address
o Date of Last Update
o Committee Mission
o Committee Goals
o Venue Listed for Meetings
o Next meeting noted/announced
o “Spiel” (a basic summary about your committee, incorporating Mission/Goals and what you are about—something that after a person reads it, they have a good idea of what you are about)
o FAQ Section—this is the hard one, because here’s where you basically answer what your committee has and has not vetted and why you are taking the direction you are taking
o Flyers—something we can pass out to people,which contains most of the above!
Over the next few weeks, we, as a group, shall be reviewing our website pages to ensure that we have these basic components on our website pages for each committee; it will be some work at first, but we definitely shall reap the benefits from it in the future! Most of the website pages already have most of this info. Thanks in advance!
· The Immediate Change Committee Jody Nigh
1. Skateboard Raffle: Cheri Adkins
2. Jubilee Park Vigil : Shane Simon
Dec 8th @ 4 p.m.
Shane @ 541-218-8278.
“An opportunity is upon us to effect change for the betterment of our community and you are invited to be a part of it.”
+++Apparently there is a City Fee of $45 that we are trying to have waived for this event+++++++++++++++++++++++
3. Christmas Parade Grants Pass Jody Nighe (WE have a 1957 SOS Garbage Truck Compliments of Pat Fahey that needs to be filled! When: Saturday, December 7TH Where: Parking Lot of Logan Design @ 6:30 PM for the 7:00 PM parade, which will be leaving the Bank of America Parking Lot at 7:00 PM; if you want to participate, please e-mail Jody email@example.com
“You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” Unknown
You really ARE making a difference!
WHAT SAY YOU?
MISSION:“A citizen-voiced plan to provide for a secure, stable and sustainable Josephine County.”