Good Evening SOS!
Our meeting this week shall be tomorrow, Tuesday, May 13, 2014 from 5:15 PM until 6:15 PM at the Newman United Methodist Church, located at 132 NE “B” Street, Grants Pass, Oregon.
Hard Rock Mining Committee – Michael Cope/Jay Meredith
Southern Oregon Minerals Summit
- How did it GO?
- When will the video be made available? Is there a link?
- The Josephine County Board of County Commissioners voted to dedicate $1,000 from the Economic Development Fund to assist in the Mineral Summit and the City of Grants Pass matched that allotment with $1,000 for the Mining Summit!
- What’s the next STEP?
- Update Website Webpage
- Join this Committee and e-mail Michael Cope @ email@example.com
Jail/Juvenile Justice Levy Committee
Pat Fahey will provide an update for this separate Political Action Committee for our information.
- Apparently, 20% of the ballots will come in on ELECTION DAY. CSOS is thinking about an event on ELECTION DAY, Tuesday, May 20, 2014—a walk or drive up and down 6TH and/or 7TH Street, encouraging folks to vote? I just spoke with Jim Henderson of the Chevron Gas Station located at NW A and NW 6TH Streets and he has agreed to allow CSOS to us to use his location from 5PM-8PM the night of the election to cheer on voter turnout… What Say YOU?
- If you want a sign, CALL (541) 295-5273
- IF you have questions that you have encountered regarding the upcoming levy, please forward them to Pat Fahey ASAP. Please, don’t be shy! firstname.lastname@example.org
Special NOTE: Per the group’s decision, SOS will be having a meeting at the Wild River Pub at 7:45 PM on May 20, 2014. The meeting will be brief. We have the Pub until 10:00 PM!
Lottery – update by Cliff Thomason (Separate Chief Petitioners Committee – see www.lotterylocalcontrol.com )
- Signature Update
- PLEASE turn in your LOTTERY Sheets if you have yet to do so!
- Contact Cliff for Lottery sign-up sheets at email@example.com
- Join this committee and e-mail Cliff @ firstname.lastname@example.org
MAT-C (Medically Assisted Treatment Center)
The next meeting for this Committee will be on Thursday, May 22, 2014 at 5:00 PM at the Women’s Health Center. We are making great strides! Please plan on attending. The group’s focus is continued efforts to raise public awareness to our opiate addiction problem. We are working on a Power Point Presentation, a video and will share those with our current informational brochures. Our GOAL is to get a MAT-C here in Josephine County in the very near future.
How Did the Valley GO?
NEW WEBSITE POLL QUESTION
Please come prepared to our meeting with a new poll question for our website! Here’s one:
“What do you think the next viable and immediate job source could be for Josephine County?”
- Increased Logging
- Increased Mining
- Increased Tourism
- Hosting a Transient Olympics
- Mining Lab Construction
- Water Park Construction
- Solar Panel Factory
Lastly, our Juvenile Justice Center YOUTUBE video starring BILL WEST has 143 HITS! Go there and share: http://youtu.be/Oug7gAi3AfA
TURN IN THE BALLOT!
What say you?
MISSION: “A citizen-voiced plan to provide for a secure, stable and sustainable Josephine County.”