Good Evening SOS,
“As I grow older, I pay less attention to what people say. I just watch what they do.” —Andrew Carnegie
Tomorrow’s Meeting, Tuesday, March 18, 2014, will be at the Newman United Methodist Church, located at 132 NE “B” Street in Grants Pass, from 5:15 PM-6:15 PM.
The first ever St. Patrick’s Day Run for the LAW Awareness 5K/10K Run/Walk this past Saturday (March 15, 2014) was fantastic!
Community Awareness was our #1 priority and I think we achieved that with approximately 400 participants and over 450 people in attendance!
Committee Captain Bill West and his team and all our volunteers deserve grand recognition!
“Run for the Law” – Bill West
If you have signs, orange traffic cones, items found along the way, or anything else leftover from the run, please bring it to tomorrow’s meeting!
What we have left:
Cost of the shirts: $13.50 EACH
(First Come/First Serve) E-mail your requests ASAP!!!
++++WE are placing another order for those that want different sized Run for the Law T-shirts (not listed above) this Wednesday (March 19, 2014) e-mail your requests to me or Holly at email@example.com ASAP!
ANNUAL EVENT? VOTE
Saturday Market Stand Sign-Ups
Jail/Juvenile Justice Levy Committee (Separate PAC) UPDATE Pat Fahey
- Communications Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- Phone Banking Committee
- Sign Committee
- IT Committee
- Campaign Literature
- Precinct Walking Committee
- Letter Writing Committee
IF you have questions that you have encountered regarding the upcoming levy, please forward them to Pat Fahey ASAP. Please, don’t be shy! firstname.lastname@example.org
Connie Roach shall capture and ensure questions are posted and answered.
- How much money is currently directed from the General Fund to the Jail? To the Juvenile Justice Center?
- How much money will the Sheriff’s Office receive when the levy passes and current general funds are redirected from the jail?
- How much money will the DA’s Office receive when the levy passes and current general funds are redirected from the jail?
- Why bother with a levy when the Oregon State Police have picked up “the slack”?
All of these questions and answers shall be placed on this committee’s FAQ page
NEXT MEETING IS AT THE EVERGREEN BOARD ROOM ON MONDAY, MARCH 24, 2014 @ 5:15 PM!
Join this committee, e-mail Pat: email@example.com
Lottery Committee (Separate Committee Organization now, not SOS)
Cliff Thomason/Jay Meredith
- WHERE IS CLIFF? Follow Cliff’s daily travels on Cliff’s BLOG which you can access from our website: www.securingoursafety.org
- We need: 150,000 signatures by July 3, 2014
- You can download a petition from www.lotterylocalcontrol.com sign it and mail it in!
- The support for this measure is HUGE with a margin of greater than 3-1; the only major concern right now is whether or not we can get the needed signatures by the deadline of July 3, 2014; if we can’t, we are still set up for the 2016 Election
- When can we get petitions to get signed?
- WHAT SAY YOU?
- Join this committee firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hardrock Mining Committee
What’s the Next Step? Michael Cope/Jay Meredith
Southern Oregon Mineral Summit
When: May 10, 2014
Where: Grants Pass City Council Chambers
MC: Carl Wilson
Featured Speaker: “Gareth Hatch”
New Stat Article by Frank Morin
Traffic Crash Fatalities in Josephine County NEED for SPEED is up on our website! Please go to www.securingoursafety.org to read it!
April Awareness EVENTS
- CJ Victim’s Forum—It was decided that we have a Victim’s Forum at the Wild River Brewery in CJ in April—possibly on April 10, 2014; Mark Gatlin has stepped up and will be the Event Coordinator!
- JJC Vigil—we are going to have a vigil outside of the Juvenile Justice Center in GP, on Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 6:30 PM; Terry Soeteeber and Jim Goodwin are the coordinators; We want to let the kids know, they are not forgotten! Flyers
MAT-C Committee Meeting
Michelle O’Brien/Toni Webb
This group continues to gain momentum and support
They are completing a MAT-C triage model as well as a Mission Statement specific to the center
They are working on a power point presentation they hope to have completed soon to accompany their well-received pamphlets
NEXT MEETING: Women’s Health Center Wednesday, March 26, 2014 @ 5:00 PM! See you there!
Join this committee! E-mail Michelle: Michele.Obrien@sogoodwill.org
A proposal was made to the group, for SOS to purchase an iPad for an official SOS Secretary, to take notes at the weekly SOS meetings. The proposal required that the Secretary simply commit to the scribing of weekly notes and in return, get to keep the iPad for their efforts.
Frank Morin has been kind enough to donate the tablet. Now we need a Secretary. If you think you can do that job, contact us!
WHAT SAY YOU?
Powerpoint Presentation to Carl Wilson
Platform for ideas/not politics
MISSION: “A citizen-voiced plan to provide for a secure, stable and sustainable Josephine County.”