Good Evening SOS!
Our next meeting is tomorrow, Tuesday, January 21, 2014, at the Wild River Brew Pub in Grants Pass located at 533 NE F Street from 5:15 PM-6:15 PM.
I. Jail/Juvenile Justice Levy Committee (CSOS PAC) UPDATE – Pat Fahey
JAIL/JJC Petition COUNTDOWN
GOAL: 2,100 Signatures
Collected Signatures to Date:
Percent of Goal:
DAYS LEFT to COMPLETE SIGNATURE GATHERING:
DEADLINE: February 19, 2014
*These numbers are being tallied by Connie Roach and updated every day
- BCC Letter progress
- Connie Roach/FAQ Section
- Pat’s committee will next meet at his Southern Oregon Sanitation (SOS) Office on Redwood Avenue on Sunday, January 26, 2014 @ 1:00 PM
- Pat Sign-UP Schedule—is posted on the website?
- Door-to-door/Neighborhoods Signatures by Steve Marshak
- If you have a completed petition, please bring it to the meeting or e-mail Pat or myself or drop them off at Southern Oregon Sanitation (SOS) Office on Redwood Avenue; or bring it to the next Securing Our Safety meeting! Do not take it to the County Assessor’s Office. There was some confusion about that and we do not want people to have the perception that the County Assessor’s Office is behind the petition. SOS is and always will be beyond reproach in our dealings. Thank You!
- WE NEED TO GET THIS petition done in the next few days so we can focus on our awareness ART AUCTION!
- Join this committee, e-mail Pat: firstname.lastname@example.org
II. Lottery Committee Cliff Thomason
- UPDATE, Cliff will talk about the O&C Summit in Gold Beach this weekend!
- Next Meeting – weekly right after the SOS meeting, same location!
- Join this committee, e-mail Cliff: email@example.com
Carl Raskins, one of the co-chief petitioners for the Animal Shelter Levy asked me to post:
We are all working for a common goal–a better Josephine County! I have been working hard to get the Animal Shelter levy (8 cents per thousand) on the ballot, and it came to me: why don’t we work together?
We have obtained over 500 signatures at Elegance shop alone. We would love to have 20 blank petitions for Public Safety here at the store. We would also appreciate it if some of you would work on getting our Animal Levy petitions filled out (ten signatures per sheet).
We can mail a blank petition to you, or you can come by Elegance, 321 SE 6th St. 541-476-0570
HOW SAY YOU?
Do not forget, we are talking about investing in our home. The Animal Shelter is a worthy investment in need of support. If not us, who then?
V. Josephine County Board of Commissioners—“In Support of Public Safety” Keith Heck
VI. Medically-Assisted-Treatment (MAT) Committee Dr. Michelle Obrien shall update
- The next meeting at Women’s Health Center shall be on Wednesday,_________________
- Flyer Distribution
- Join this committee, e-mail Toni: firstname.lastname@example.org
VII. SOS “Run for the Law” Committee Bill West/Holly Lidey
- Where are we at?
- The next BIG meeting for this Committee is: January 24, 2014 at Club Northwest @ 5:15 PM
- Join this committee, e-mail Bill: email@example.com
St. Patrick’s Day Run For The Law
10k Run or 5k Walk/Run & Kid’s Dash
March 15, 2014
Go to www.securingoursafety.org to register
VIII. Fund-Raising Art Show February 6, 2014 Joanne Alvarez, Cheri Adkins, Kay Smith, Camille Benedict and Nadine Patel; Kay to update
- Next Meeting is at JoAnne’s house on January 27, 2014 @ 6:00 PM
- Go on-line to purchase tickets or e-mail Nadine Patel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join this committee, e-mail JoAnne: email@example.com
IX. VICTIM’s Forum
- Dr. Steven Marshak’s Idea /CJ City Councilor Dr. John Gardiner /Penny Mueller
X. SPONSORS We need someone to knit this together!
Thank YOU for all of your hard work!
WHAT SAY YOU?
MISSION: “A citizen-voiced plan to provide for a secure, stable and sustainable Josephine County.”