Our next meeting is today, January 14, 2014, at the Newman United Methodist Church in Grants Pass located at 132 NE “B” Street from 5:15 PM-6:15 PM.
Website Web Master Stipend—YOU agreed on a stipend; our current Webmaster donates a lot of time to our website and has indicated that a minimum of 10 hours monthly would be appropriate for the minimum monthly stipend – Jay Meredith/SOS BOARD
Intro Paragraph— David Smith! Please go to our website www.securingoursafety.org and let us know what you think about the paragraph and the site! WHAT SAY YOU?
- New Signs—The group approved the creation of two more signs, to be used at events and basically give a snapshot about what SOS is! Erin Mateja has edited (see attached) About-SOS; Cliff Thomason will get them created once approved WHAT SAY YOU?
- Heroin, the growing crisis sweeping our county The first weekly statistically based article by local Josephine County Journalist Frank Morin is up on our website; Frank shall be writing weekly articles documenting Josephine County’s struggles with a depleted Criminal Justice System with FACTS and STATISTICS from credible SOURCES WHAT SAY YOU?
- Jail/Juvenile Justice Levy Committee Pat Fahey
JAIL/JJC Petition COUNTDOWN
GOAL: 2,100 Signatures
Collected Signatures to Date:
Percent of Goal:
DAYS LEFT to COMPLETE SIGNATURE GATHERING:
DEADLINE: February 19, 2014
*These numbers are being tallied by Connie Roach and updated every day
- BCC Letter by Pat progress
- Connie Roach/FAQ Section
- Pat’s committee will next meet at his Southern Oregon Sanitation (SOS) Office on Redwood Avenue on Sunday, January 19, 2014 @ 1:00 PM
- Pat Sign-UP Schedule—Post on the website?
- Door-to-door/Neighborhoods signatures
- Join this committee, e-mail Pat: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What’s the Next Step?
- Join this committee, e-mail Michael: email@example.com
X. Medically-Assisted-Treatment (MAT) Committee Toni Webb shall update us at our next meeting; Topics shall include:
- SOS/OPTIONS/Rebecca Peterson donations
- The next meeting at Women’s Health Center shall be on Wednesday, January 15 @ 5:30 PM
- Flyer Distribution
- Heartbreak Story of recent death which David Smith shall be writing about
- Next Step
- Join this committee, e-mail Toni: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jody Nigh
- Skateboard Raffle: Cheri Adkins will address next week
XIII. SOS “Run for the Law” Committee Bill West Holly Lidey
- Where are we at? This Committee’s work is so impressive! They have:
- REGISTRATION for the Run for the Law on our website; PLEASE REGISTER NOW!!! www.securingoursafety.org
- January SNEAK PREVIEW AD
- The next BIG meeting for this Committee is: January 16, 2014 at Wild River Restaurant @ 5:15 PM
- Join this committee, e-mail Bill: email@example.com
St. Patrick’s Day Run For The Law
10k Run or 5k Walk/Run & Kid’s Dash
March 15, 2014
▲Run our 10k or walk/run our 5k course starting and ending at Club Northwest with chip timing! Starts at 8:30am March 15th. Kid’s dash for youth 12 and under will start promptly at 8:40am.
▲Race awards include: $150 for 1st place overall; $75 for 2nd place overall; a metal/keychain for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place male and female overall and in each age category for runs.
▲Everyone participating in the kid’s dash will receive a ribbon. All participants will receive race packet filled with coupons or items donated by sponsors.
▲Registration for run includes a free ticket in the raffle for an iPad! Additional tickets can be purchased on race day for $5.00 each. Drawing will be held after the race, need NOT be present to win.
▲Check out our vendors near the start/finish line for food, merchandise, and other fun items.
▲Long sleeve dry wick Adult shirts and short sleeve dry wick kids shirts available for order until March 1st. Order in advance to guarantee getting one, limited supply available race day!! Adults $13.50, Kids $12.00
▲Early registration fees are $25 for 10k; $20 for 5k; 18 years or younger $15 for any race. Kid’s dash is FREE! THERE IS A LATE FEE OF $5.00 IF REGISTERING THE DAY OF THE RACE!
▲Donations and sponsors are much appreciated! FREE t-shirt given to anyone donating $250 or more!
Leprechaun sponsors ($500 or more) will be promoted on back of the shirts and on the SOS website.
Shamrock sponsors (less than $500) will be promoted on the SOS website.
Donations, as well as proceeds from run & raffle will go to the nonprofit organization called Securing Our Safety, a group dedicated to finding alternatives for funding law enforcement in Josephine County.
For more information contact: Holly Lidey (541) 660-8186 or go to www.securingoursafety.org
Register on line at http://securingoursafety.org/runwalk-committee/
Register by mail
Click this link: Mail In Registration Form
XIV. Fund-Raising Art Show February 6, 2014 Joanne Alvarez, Cheri Adkins,Kay Smith, Camille Benedict and Nadine Patel;
- Jim Frick is our AUCTIONEER!
- Don Monetti from KCMD shall be “MC” for the event
- Where? Roux 26 in Grants Pass
- When? February 6, 2014 from 6PM-9PM
- How Mucho? $25
- What does the $25 ticket include? 4 tickets for 4 wine tastes and for Whores Devoured
- Wineries participating thus far are Troon, Schmidt and Fiasco
- 25 Artists have donated for this event thus far!!!
- DO YOU KNOW an ARTIST???
- Next Meeting is at JoAnne’s house on January 13, 2014 @ 6:00 PM
- Number of Tickets SOLD:_30
- Go on-line to purchase tickets or e-mail Nadine Patel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join this committee, e-mail JoAnne: email@example.com
XV. Sobering Center Bill Landis
- Where are we at?
- Join this committee, e-mail Bill at firstname.lastname@example.org
XVI. VICTIM’s Forum
- Steven Marshak /CJ City Councilor John Gardiner to establish a date and physical venue Establish Date
WHAT SAY YOU?
MISSION: “A citizen-voiced plan to provide for a secure, stable and sustainable Josephine County.”