Good Evening SOS!
Our next meeting is Tuesday, February 25, 2014, at the Newman United Methodist Church, located at 132 NE “B” Street in Grants Pass, from 5:15 – 6:15.
“Run for the Law” Committee
Bill West/Holly Lidey
Less than 3 weeks away!!!
PLEASE REGISTERNOW FOR THE RUN/WALK!
- This thing just keeps growing!!!
- This is your run! Jump in and help plan it! Next Meeting will be THURSDAY, FEBUARY 27TH AT 5:15 PM at the Juvenile Justice Center (Only 3 WEEKS to go!)
- READ THIS: HTTP://RUNOREGONBLOG.COM/2014/02/21/RACE-PREVIEW-ST-PATRICKS-DAY-RUN-FOR-THE-LAW-10K5K-IN-GRANTS-PASS/
- RUN AWARENESS Attendance GOAL: 999.5
- Club Northwest will be putting on a promotional event called “14 Days to your first 5K!” This will begin March 1 and go until March 14th. They will teach you how to get prepared for your first 5K in 2 weeks. Please sign up for that at Club Northwest if you are a member and are interested!
- We are still looking for items to put into our swag bags for the runners. If you know of a business that may be able to donate an item: inspirational plastic bracelets, pencils, water bottles, key chains, etc.! It’s a great way to promote your business!!!
- We are also encouraging businesses to help our event by offering to pay the registration fee for their employees. Challenge other businesses with this offer! Thus far Evergreen Federal and Southern Oregon Sanitation have stepped up!
LAST CALL! IF you want to purchase a run T-shirt but don’t plan to register, such as volunteers, e-mail Holly: firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 541-660-8186. She will need the shirt sizes and money for the shirts before March 1st! Cost of the shirts: Adults $13.50 and Kids $12.00
- FACEBOOK! Please share this event!
- The “Kid’s Dash” will start at 8:30 AM, and it will be completed before the other races which begin at 8:40 AM, so that if parents want to run, Kidzone will be letting member’s kids in free during the 10K/5K on race day and will only charge $3.50 for non-member kids!
- Please do not forget, this is YOUR AWARENESS RUN! If you have an idea, please let Bill or Holly know!!! Come up with an idea and RUN with it!
- WE NEED A PHOTOGRAPHER! This would be a great opportunity for an Amateur photographer to set up shop, help us and themselves out… Just sayin’…
- Join this committee, e-mail Bill: email@example.com
St. Patrick’s Day Run For The Law
10k Run or 5k Walk/Run & Kid’s Dash
March 15, 2014
Go to www.securingoursafety.org to register
Jail/Juvenile Justice Levy Committee (PAC UPDATE) Pat Fahey
- Where are we?
- CSOS (Citizens for Securing Our Safety) will have levy campaign Committee Sign-Up Sheets available, and would appreciate it if everyone will choose a committee they’d like to work on! Regardless of how much time folks have to volunteer, we can gear tasks around schedules for the convenience of everyone! Thank you!
- Connie Roach is maintaining the FAQ Section on the WEBSITE for this committee
IF you have questions that you have encountered regarding the upcoming levy, please forward them to Pat Fahey ASAP. Please, don’t be shy! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join this committee, e-mail Pat: email@example.com
“Where shall the money (approximately $2 Million dollars) currently directed towards jail funding, go, when the Levy is successful and the Jail and the Juvenile Justice Center are fully funded?”
- Josephine County Commissioner Keith Heck commented that when asked, The Board of County Commissioners (BCC) shall answer, “To the Criminal Justice System, which includes the Sheriff’s Office and the DA’s Office.” That will mean MORE rural patrols!
- Don’t forget to review the Letter signed by the BCC stating that Public Safety in Josephine County is their number one priority! www.securingoursafety.org
- Now that the petition has been translated into a Ballot Measure, we are hoping that the Grants Pass City Council publicly supports this Ballot Measure soon!
- On February 13, 2014, the Oregon Supreme Court announced a decision regarding the language in our Lottery language petition, to be explained in detail at tomorrow’s meeting; new language can be found on their website at www.lotterylocalcontrol.com
- Getting Cliff on the ROAD?
- The next step!
- Join this committee firstname.lastname@example.org
- Non-Profit Status fantastic!
- Join this committee—e-mail Bill @ email@example.com
New Stat Article by Frank Morin
Traffic Crash Fatalities in Josephine County shall be appearing soon on our website!
Amber Garza and Gordon Edstrom
MAT-C Committee Meeting
Toni Webb/Michelle O’brien shall be meeting this Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at the Women’s Health Center at 5:00 PM! See you there!
April Awareness EVENTS
CJ Victim’s Forum—It was decided that we have a Victim’s Forum at the Wild River Brewery in CJ in April—possibly on April 10, 2014; We still need an event coordinator for this!
Victim’s Forum in GP?
JJC Vigil—we are going to have a vigil outside of the Juvenile Justice Center in GP, tentatively on Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 6:30 PM; We shall be asking Terry Soeteber and Jim Goodwin to coordinate this event—We want to let the kids know, they are not forgotten!
MISSION: “A citizen-voiced plan to provide for a secure, stable and sustainable Josephine County.”