Good Evening SOS!
Tomorrow’s Meeting, Tuesday, February 18, 2014, shall be at the Wild River Brew Pub located at located at 533 NE F Street, in Grants Pass, from 5:15 PM-6:15 PM.
Jail/Juvenile Justice Levy Committee (CSOS PAC) UPDATE Pat Fahey
On Wednesday, February 12, 2014, CSOS turned in 2339 petition signatures to Art Harvey at the Josephine County Clerk’s Office! DID WE DO IT??????????????????????????????????????????????
Signatures are still being evaluated at this time; PLEASE BRING ALL OF YOUR remaining PETITIONS TO TUESDAY’S SOS Meeting!
Connie Roach/is maintaining the FAQ Section on the WEBSITE for this committee/Al Hammersly’s Question in the Daily Courier…
IF you have questions that you have encountered regarding the upcoming levy, please forward them toPat Fahey ASAP. Please, don’t be shy! firstname.lastname@example.org
A core group of people, to include Ken Smith, Linda Scott, Darryl Scott, Connie Roach, Roy Lindsay, Sue Fahey, and Pat Fahey, have begun to orchestrate campaign strategy
- Join this committee, e-mail Pat: email@example.com
Why It’s Important Local Governments Work Together – Keith Heck
“Run for the Law” Committee
Bill West/Holly Lidey
PLEASE REGISTER NOW FOR THE RUN/WALK!
- This thing just keeps growing!!!
- Mid-Rogue-Independent-Physician’s-Association (MRIPA) just announced that they will be a $1,000 donor of our AWARENESS RUN! fantastic! Thank You so much!
- This is your run! Jump in and help plan it! Next Meeting will be THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 20TH AT 5:15 PM at the Tap Rock “big room to the right” (Only 4 WEEKS to go!)
- RUN AWARENESS Attendance GOAL: 1,000
- Club Northwest will be putting on a promotional event called “14 Days to your first 5K!” This will begin March 1 and go until March 14th. They will teach you how to get prepared for your first 5K in 2 weeks. Please sign up for that at Club Northwest if you are a member and are interested!
- We are still looking for items to put into our swag bags for the runners. If you know of a business that may be able to donate an item: inspirational plastic bracelets, pencils, water bottles, key chains, etc! It’s a great way to promote your business!!!
- We are also encouraging businesses to help our event by offering to pay the registration fee for their employees. Challenge other businesses with this offer! Thus far Evergreen Federal and Southern Oregon Sanitation have stepped up!
- If you want to purchase a run T-shirt but don’t plan to register, such as volunteers, they can e-mail Holly: firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 541-660-8186. She will need the shirt sizes and money for the shirts before March 1st! Cost of the shirts: Adults $13.50 and Kids $12.00
- FACEBOOK! Please share this event! https://www.facebook.com/events/487372901383252
- The “Kid’s Dash” will start at 8:30 AM, and it will be completed before the other races which begin at 8:40 AM, so that if parents want to run, Kidzone will be letting member’s kids in free during the 10K/5K on race day and will only charge $3.50 for non-member kids!
Leprechaun (logo) SCORE thus FAR:
- Join this committee, e-mail Bill: email@example.com
St. Patrick’s Day Run For The Law
10k Run or 5k Walk/Run & Kid’s Dash
March 15, 2014
Go to www.securingoursafety.org to register
Lottery Committee – Cliff Thomason
- This past THURSDAY (February 13, 2014), the Oregon Supreme Court announced a decision regarding the language in our Lottery language petition, to be explained in detail in Tuesday’s Meeting (PS. It’s good!)
- Join this committee clifft9@Gmail.com
A Marijuana Moment Nancy Coleman gave us a presentation on marijuana; how drugs in general shadow crimes in our community; how Josephine County was featured in the New York Times in 1980 regarding drugs, etc. Nancy is interested in starting a new committee educating our community on the impact drugs has—This might be in-line with the MAT-C Committee; WHAT SAY YOU?
Thanking the Oregon State Police – Keith Heck
New Stat Article by Frank Morin
Traffic Crash Fatalities in Josephine County shall be appearing soon on our website
CJ Skateboard Raffle
What happened? We are going to be drawing the winner of the Skateboard soon? We will discuss when next meeting!
April Awareness EVENTS
CJ Victim’s Forum—It was decided that we have a Victim’s Forum at the Wild River Brewery in CJ in April—Need an event coordinator for this!
- Whether we have a Victim’s Forum in GP or not is yet to be decided
JJC Vigil—we are also going to have a vigil instead of a meeting in April, around the Juvenile Justice Center in GP; We shall be asking Terry Soebeeter and Jim Goodwin to coordinate this event
WHAT SAY YOU?