Good Evening SOS,
“If you’ll not settle for anything less than your best, you will be amazed at what you can accomplish in your lives.” — Vince Lombardi
Tomorrow’s Meeting, Tuesday, April 8, 2014, will be at the Newman United Methodist Church, located at 132 NE “B” Street in Grants Pass, from 5:15 PM-6:15 PM.
- Website Webpage Update
- Join this Committee, e-mail Jim Frick @ email@example.com
Sobering Center Committee
- Website Webpage Update
- Join this Committee, e-mail Bill Landis @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Why the Jail is an effective tool (How efforts to clean up the Downtown area have been successful, using the jail and the 30 beds as a tool) Bill Landis
Jail/Juvenile Justice Levy Committee UPDATE Pat Fahey
- Communications Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- Phone Banking Committee
- IT Committee
- Campaign Literature
- Precinct Walking Committee
- Letter Writing Committee
IF you have questions that you have encountered regarding the upcoming levy, please forward them to Pat Fahey ASAP. Please, don’t be shy! email@example.com
Connie Roach and Archie Lidey shall capture and ensure questions are posted and answered by people in our community who have the factual answers.
“Everyone Tell five…” Dan Runyon
Commissioner OP ED as to where the General Fund will be redirected?
- How much money is currently directed from the General Fund to the Jail? To the Juvenile Justice Center?
- How much money will the Sheriff’s Office receive when the levy passes and current general funds are redirected from the jail?
- How much money will the DA’s Office receive when the levy passes and current general funds are redirected from the jail?
- Why bother with a levy when the Oregon State Police have picked up “the slack”?
NEXT MEETING IS AT THE EVERGREEN BOARD ROOM ON MONDAY, APRIL 14, 2014 @ 5:15 PM!
Join this committee, e-mail Pat: firstname.lastname@example.org
LETTER WRITING CAMPAIGN Ken Smith
Should this be an OP ED in the Daily Courier? At least on our website!
New Stat Article by Frank Morin
“State Troopers are not the Fix” is up on our website! Please go towww.securingoursafety.org to read it! Frank’s article has been well received and many of you have expressed a desire to make that article another OP ED as well—WHAT SAY YOU?
Here is just one of the many responses we have received from Frank’s article:
I have been interviewed several times but have never read my interview anywhere. My response to the issue is that more presence from OSP is welcome as we go through these trying times, but should in no way be construed as a replacement of a counties justice system. We do need to resolve our current situation and find a level of protection and service that we can agree on.
Thanks for all of your help in this very important issue. I think if we can get the facts out to the people we will make progress solving our public safety issue.
Senator Herman Baertschiger Jr.
Great point Senator! Great job Frank! In Frank’s next article, he will factually be tracking the number of Measure 11 Crimes that have occurred in Josephine County since the depletion of our Criminal Justice System. As we know, we the depletion of the Sheriff’s Office and rural patrols, communication in the entire County has suffered. Frank will explain what Measure 11 Crimes in Oregon are and examine not only if there is an actual increase in the number of Measure 11 Crimes in our County, but whether the Measure 11 Crimes have increased in the City of Grants Pass.
WHERE: Juvenile Justice Center in GP
WHEN: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 6:30 PM
WHO WILL BE SPEAKING?
MAT-C Committee Meeting
Updated Website Webpage
MAT-C triage model
Power Point presentation
NEXT MEETING: Women’s Health Center Wednesday, April 9, 2014 @ 5:00 PM!
Join this committee! E-mail Michelle: Michele.Obrien@sogoodwill.org
Cliff Thomason/Jay Meredith
- WHERE IS CLIFF? Shall continue where you can follow Cliff’s daily travels on Cliff’s BLOG which you can access from our website: www.securingoursafety.org
- UPDATED Webpage on Website
- We are waiting for the 2016 Election
Cliff will gather 1,000 new signatures outside Josephine County for us to proceed
- Cliff’s Strategic PLAN
- July Fundraising Event “Cops and Robbers” Ball? POKER?
35 COUNTIES with SOS Outposts/Map by Gordon Edstrom
- When are we starting the next DRIVE for 2016?
- WHAT SAY YOU?
Join this committee email@example.com
Introduction of Secretary Kay Smith
THANK YOU FOR PULLING TOGETHER AND MAKING OUR HOME SAFE!
MISSION: “A citizen-voiced plan to provide for a secure, stable and sustainable Josephine County.”