We had another GREAT meeting last night and again, THANK YOU to all who attended!
· Mr. Salvador Corona led us in the Pledge of Allegiance
· Lottery Committee Update – Cliff Thomason reported on where we are at with the Initiative. Cliff reported on how surprised he was that there were no negative lobbying by any of the Unions or actually—by anyone. Cliff said the most negative aspect of this initiative actually comes directly from the Attorney General’s Office in the way they propose the language is written. Speaking of language, Connie Roach made it a point that “local control” is in the ballot measure and the group seconded her motion. Cliff reported that Jay Meredith and Kevin Mannix were the only public written comments on the initiative, which of course, were both positive. Cliff said our Magic Initiative number is #31; Cliff said the measure is moving along and shall keep us posted (FYI Cliff agreed to write up his report for his website page, so please go there on our website for additional information—thanks Cliff!)
Cliff and Jay asked that I send out the following e-mail relative to the Lottery Committee:
Good Evening again SOS,
We have a lot of important projects in the works right now because we know we need to knit the community together from many directions. We want to extend a special invite to join the Lottery Committee and follow this team’s progress. Continue reading Notes from the October 15, 2013 SOS Public Meeting
Our Meeting this week, is tomorrow, Tuesday, October 15, 2013, at the Wild River Brew Pub located at 533 NE F Street, in Grants Pass from 5:15 PM-6:15 PM.
· Lottery Committee Update Cliff Thomason
· Walk With Us! (Flyers) Please join us on a walk through the heart of Grants Pass on Tuesday, October 22, 2013 and show your support for our Grants Pass Department of Public Safety members, a vital component of our community’s Criminal Justice System!
WHEN: Tuesday, October 22, 2013
Meet @ 5:15 PM in front of the Newman United Methodist Church (across from the Court House)
ROUTE: South on 7TH Street across the bridge, west on Park Street and North on 6TH Street, arriving at Henderson’s Chevron Gas Station on A Street at 6:00 PM for a few, brief, motivating words by our Leaders!
Just how critical is this Levy? Continue reading SOS Public Meeting Agenda for Tuesday, October 15th, 2013
Once again, our meeting was excellent, with solid discourse. Slowly but surely, we move towards our Mission: “A citizen-voiced plan to provide for a secure, stable and sustainable Josephine County.”
To those in attendance, your presence means everything. Thank you!
Please get involved. However you can. Comment through e-mails. Write letters to the Editor. Come to meetings. Go to events. The safety of our community is everyone’s business. Do something!
Here are the Meeting notes:
· Neal Appleton led us in the Pledge of Allegiance Continue reading Notes from the October 8, 2013 SOS Public Meeting
Our Meeting this week is today, Tuesday, October 8, 2013, at the Wild River Brew Pub located at 533 NE F Street, in Grants Pass from 5:15 PM-6:15 PM.
Our Agenda thus Far:
· How Critical is the upcoming Levy for the Grants Pass Department of Public Safety relative to our Criminal Justice System? Guest Speaker
· Frank Morin Wrote: “I’m trying to put together another stats-related article, but one of the big challenges we face is lack of data, particularly in the county. With so few people available, they just can’t deal with the issues, but therefore they don’t have the numbers for all the issues they don’t even log or respond to, or all the issues that aren’t even getting called in any more because people know there is no help available. Continue reading SOS Public Meeting Agenda for Tuesday, October 8, 2013